Is it possible to have a pregnancy test result come up negative because Im still nursing? Im having symptoms of being pregnant, but the test said negative.

While I am no expert, and have weaned by babies before I got pregnant again, I am kind of in the same boat. I have a 6 month old and may possibly be pregnant again. I am pretty sure that nursing doesn't affect the outcome of a pregancy test. It tests a certain hormone in your body, and it is not a hormone that is affected by the other hormones produced in your body from breastfeeding. At least as far as I understand the human body, which is pretty well. If you are having symptoms, I would retest after a bit. Especially if you took the test too early, or if you haven't had a cycle since you have been breastfeeding. Either that, or if you can afford it, get a blood test. Those are the most accurate. Hope this helps! :-)