I’m planning to take up running as one of the activities to reduce my weight and shape my body. I’ve hear that it’s excellent for eliminating flab from the belly and for gaining condition. Can you suggest me good running gear that’ll make it all easier for me? What do I need to get and what is your favorite brand? Thanks.

Let’s start with running shoes, because they’re the most important part of the running gear. Choose running shoes according to your foot type. You maybe don’t know that there are three foot types and each has a characteristic foot motion. Flat feet are usually characterized by overpronation, high arch feet with supination or underpronation and normal with neutral pronation. So, wet your feet and step on a clean, dry surface and determine your foot type by means of footprint. Overpronators usually wear motion control running shoes while underpronators wear cushioned shoes. There are numerous variants such as, mild overpronation and similar. As for clothes, avoid cotton, though it’s natural and pick wicking fabrics because they absorb sweat well and allow good evaporation.