I am currently contemplative of freezing my eggs at 23 and defrosting them once I reach a certain age. If I get my ovaries taken out after getting my eggs frozen, can I still become impregnated with the frozen eggs once they are thawed and fertilized, or should I leave my ovaries in? Will removing my ovaries cause me to need to take estrogen pills?

Hi Hazel! You can have your eggs frozen and then have invitro fertilization later on in life! And NO you don't need your ovaries for this! You just need them to produce eggs and to conceive in the tubes! Most women - if you are healthy and no female cancers etc - will need to go on hormone therapy after having the ovaries removed! As you are still young, this will probably be the case! BUT if there is cancers in your immediate family or in yourself they will probably NOT give you hormone replacement! Just note that you WILL need a uterus to carry a baby! BUT don't need your ovaries as long as the eggs are viable! Hope this helps! Good luck and health!