Ok im 22 years old and i have PCOS

I have been pregnant before once when i was 17, but aborted because of personal reason mainly because i was doing senior yr at school and i was having family issues and many other reasons.

When i turned 20 i started getting my period from 2-3 months, mood swings, really bad pelvis pain and felt sick alot, i got checked and diagnosed with PCOS, from 11-20yrs old, i had a normal period.

Ive been told that it cant have anything to do with my abortion.

BUT i feel like, i could be infertile now because well i have alot of follicles (cysts) on my ovaries, they found one ovary enlarged with 15 follicles and one normal sized ovary with 25 follicles (cysts), my uterus is fine my fallopian tubes are fine but im wondering if i can now be infertile.

OR if because ive been pregnant before i cant be infertile.

OR if you can become infertile even if youve been pregnant before.

I want to know these answers

Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

:'( Hi Jezzica! I am so sorry to say this, but dispitw what the docters say I think abortion can cause PCOS. Im saying this because I went through the same thing. I had an abortion almost four yrs back and now I'm also diagnosed with PCOS. I dont have answers for you. I dont regret having an abortion, but I pray to God for forgiveness and I beleave he will answer my prayers. I believe every one deserves a second chance and we are unfortunate, because there are many girls who killed "if i may be brutally honest" like us, but they were give second and third chance. hang in there and as your Doctor to tel you about Agnus Castus treatment. Its a hormone controlling pill and I think it is good for PCOS. I dont know you but i feel your pain.

hi there, i had an abortion when i was 18 then i got PCOS! was really bad but now 9 years later im pregnant! so it will happen you just think of all the ppl in the world that have it, posh spice for example and how many kids she has got! chin up you will be ok x

PCOS is NOT caused by abortion. It is NOT an OBGYN illness. YES it scrwws with ur reproductive ability. BUT it is caused by either your pancreas or pituitary gland. It is a HORMONE disorder..... And ALSO related to diabetes.

If you go to an endocronologist, they can get you on either a fertility drug or diabetes med. which woill regulate your periods and help with fertility. my personal advice DO NOT WAIT. THE LONGER YOU WAIT THE WORSE YOUR SYMPTOMS WILL BEOCME. I am 37 and only got treatment the last 2 yrs. I can not have children... my once PERFECT skin is acne scarred. I have been literally through the ringer. I take Metformin ( the diabeted drug) When I 1st was on it, my boobs had swollen to a d from hormones. My periods were random for yrs. The list could go on and on. But now my boobs are once again a normal c. I am not a size 14 anymore, I am AN 8.....YEAY!! Lots of improvement. HOWEVER, I have had issues related to the Metformin, I HAVE to be aware of ALL my symptoms to be sure I am OK, I tend to have drops in blood suger, So I keep glucose on me at ALL times. Speak to an ENDOCRONOLOGIST ASAP. You will thank me for it.

Good luck

hey girl. i'm 22 also, had an abortion when i was around 19. i don't care what's published, I totally think there is a relationship between abortion and PCOS -- i work in the medical field, and I know that just bc something isn't documented or studied yet doesn't mean it's not true! afterall, searching for my own answers led me to this post, so clearly we're not the only ones to find a correlation %-) i'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

Hi ladies, I completed agreed abortion will cause pcos... Well to some women more than others I guess... I had two abortions and my period cut down half each time I had abortion. And after the last abortion I got iud putting in and then taken out three months later because all the weight gain and hair loss...and period remained to be tiny amount..so sad I m lookin gin to a beets and aloe Vera treatment and epo oil for some symptoms..hope we can get better why are we the unlucky few?!

I think there may be a link. I too thought I would do my research after having an abortion at 19 and then having irregular periods for the last 4 years to then be diagnosed with pco.. Maybe there isn't a link but the fact that so many people have had the same experiences screams that there must be some kind of link. I had an abortion as I would not have been capable of being a good mother. I did not want to bring a child into the world when I knew I couldn't provide for it emotionally or financially.. And before anyone try's to take the moral high ground I felt like the odds were against me! We used a condom, it split.. I got the morning after pill it clearly didn't work! I wasn't ready for a child and could not have been a decent parent. I believe that everyone deserves second chances and I do hope to have children in the future and I will be devostated if I am not able to do so. I definately feel that the cause of my pco is because of the abortion.. I might be wrong.. But what if I'm not?

Don't worry dear u Wil conciev.i wil.pray for u