I'm 24 years old and my husband wants me to have an abortion.we do not have any children but there is a possibility that he has a child with another woman.he thinks that we are not ready and that it will ruin his life plans. I am adamantly against abortion and would rather just give the baby up for adoption,but he thinks that will be too shameful.i don't understand how he can expect me to abort our baby and still be with him. We have only been married for a year and a half but wedged for 5 yrs. our relationship has been violative to say the least yet I'm still here getting walked on as if I didn't know I should have never married him. I am in such emotional distress a. I have prayed and asked for Devine wisdom. I don't think I could go on living after and abortion especially with him.

Hi Confused,

Your husband is being unreasonable and immature.  Adoption is a very generous solution.  Many couples would welcome your child with open arms.

He should accept responsibility for his actions.

Would he consider counseling?

If not, look at where you are and where you want to be.  Don't stay in a volatile marriage just because.  Think of yourself, and possibly that of your child, and move on with life.  We all make mistakes.  You can grow from this.

Good luck.

Hello Confused

Sorry to hear about your partner's lack of understanding. If you are self supporting and capable to raise the child, I may want you to enlist help of woman oriented support group in your area AND or approach legal intervention if needed.