Hello! I consistently get infections in the eye! I have never had problems with my eyes till last year. It started in early spring and after that I started to have an eye infection almost every two months. My eyes are often red with waterish discharge. My doctor says it is viral and says I should use chamomile ointments. But my infections occur again and I am really tired of them.

Hello! I think you should talk to your doctor again and ask him to perform some further examinations. Conjunctivitis may be caused my bacteria, viruses and but it can also be allergic. Try to look back and see if you can connect some things or activities from your everyday life to your constant infection. Also you should take good care of your hygiene and avoid contaminated hand towels since viral and bacterial conjunctivitis spread easily. See if you do something like that at work or at home. Don't share eye drops or cosmetics such as eyeliner, eye shadow or mascara and always buy new ones after the infection.