Hello! My eyes started to be reddish and inflamed two days ago. My left eye was infected at first and then the infection has spread to my right eye. Yesterday a heavy discharge occurred and I decided to visit my doctor. He said it was conjuctivits and prescribed some eye drops with antibiotic. He told me to stay at home for few days but he didn’t explained how to behave with conjuctivities?

Hello! The symptoms you describe are common symptoms of conjunctivitis caused by bacteria. Bacterial conjunctivitis affects both eyes and causes heavy discharge, which is sometimes greenish. Conjunctivitis involves inflammation of the clear membrane covering the white part of the eye. You should take good care of you hygiene. Don’t share you personal things with other people to avoid spreading conjunctivitis to them. Wash your hands more frequently and avoid touching your eyes. Chamomile eyewash may be effective in relieving conjunctivitis symptom.