I had an operation. Nothing serious, just a small hernia. My doctor told me to stay in bed and to avoid any physical activity. It is hard for me not to do anything. I am thinking of going to the pool. After all how hard can swimming get? What do you think about swimming After Hernia Operation?

Don’t go to the pool if your doctor says otherwise. You should listen to him. Don’t rush things. You can’t expect the daylight before dawn. It takes time for your body to recuperate and to heal the wound. Swimming is a great activity. However you use your stomach muscles in the process. Using your abs can break your stitches and reopen the wound. Give yourself a time to heal.

I'm almost 64 yrs old had open double inguinal hernia operation 10 days a go. Did a little swimming today, felt good. My biggest concern is lack of energy just feel sluggish all the time. Anyone that's had this same malady please tell me this is a very temporary thing

Im 65 and this is normal. Eat good. Fruits and vegetables and almonds. You will improve day by day. Keep moving.

It depends on the type of surgery you've had, but you shouldn't go swimming until

Generally, after your stitches have been removed or have dissolved and your wound has fully healed, you should be able to swim in the sea or a swimming pool. Once a wound has healed, the risk of infection decreases.

Stitches can usually be removed within 7 to 10 days of surgery, although it depends on the type of wound. Absorbable stitches can take longer to dissolve.

You should avoid swimming for longer if you have another condition that increases your risk of infection or delays healing. You shouldn't swim if you have open wounds.

Activist

I think you should follow the advice of your doctor and don't go for swimming because you need to take some rest when you fully fit then you can...