I’m trying to figure out what is the mileage I’m supposed to cover during a week. I’d like you to tell me what the distance that you swim per week is. I know that it varies, but the average sum will be ok. I just want to compare and start making logs in order to be able to monitor my improvement (if it ever happens ).

Now you got me! It’s probably embarrassing that someone who has been swimming for over two years now, has no slightest idea about the distance covered during a week. That’s probably because swimming is only my hobby and I’m not too obsessed with my performance and I even don’t measure time when I’m training. Maybe it’s time I started. Unfortunately I won’t be able to compare the results now with the results from the beginning of my training. I think that an average recreational swimmer covers about 5000 yards per week. Don’t ask me whether that’s too much or too little. It’s what I’ve heard from the guys at the pool. If you’re a beginner, don’t upset if you can’t reach this number.