In Jan 2012 I went to the doctor with a serious sinus infection. I had headache, shoulder and other pain from the neck up, nasal drainage, throat drainage, chest conjestion, wheezing and rattling in the chest, dry coughing, fever, sore throat, flu like symptoms. Doctor diagnosis, chronic sinusitus left and right. I was given a 7 day regiment of antibotics and steriods. I was ok for 5 months. My sinus problems returned, this time left side only, with deep yelow and green drainage that had a foul rotten odor and taste, nausia and vomiting from the foul taste. June 2012, I returned to the doctor. I thought I had developed sinus cancer. After a nasal endoscopy, xray, CT scan, biopsy, I was told I had Bateria Enterobacter Cloacad in my left nasal cavity and learned my nasal cavaties were improperly closed at the bottom during oral surgery in the past which caused improper sinus draining. Infectous mucus pooled in the sinuses. I was given a round of different antibiotics, advised to rinse my nasal cavities with saline and told for proper drainage I needed surgery to reopen sinus cavities. The drainage changed color from green to deep yellow to yellow never clear and the amount of drainage increased and the foul odor continued.  I researched this bacteria and learned it is baaaaaad and resistant to antibiotics. Sept 2012, fatigue, couching, aching, so much infection now, my nose constantly drips, drain and my nose is raw from constant blowing. I can't take more and told my doctor. Now a third different antibiotic and second round of the same steriod, surgery scheduled Oct 23, 2012 to permanently reopen sinus cavities, to drain cavities, to removed infected tissue and medicate. I pray my problem is corrected if not abated. The Bateria Enterobacter Cloacad, which is a gut bacteria came from, I think, a serious case acid reflux I had for almost 4 years. I was even misdiagnosed with asthma because so much acid mess backed into my lungs during my sleep. I rattled and wheezed something aweful. Cured of that now thank God. I'll keep yall posted! 

This could be a sign of post-nasal drip that has return as it makes your breath unpleasant at the same time it could also Halitosis.

I have been experiencing similar problems, be careful of too many antibiotics as this can cause digestive issues such as Gerd or acid reflux, as you good bacteria is also destroyed. Make sure you use probiotics while taking antibiotics. Buy the kind at health food stores in the fridge section and store them in the fridge to keep. I have found that oregano oil capsules work better for some infections than antibiotics. I recently had a tooth removed that had an abcess behind it that was inside my nasal cavity. I experienced a foul ordor and ended up with Gerd after taking antibiotics 4-5 times in one year and not replacing my good bacteria with probiotics. Candida overgrowth can become an issue for you as well, which can lead to other problems if not careful. It's all a balancing act! Hope you feel better soon! Jenn

Hello

You might want to try increasing your PH level.  Increasing your PH level works better than any antibiotic.  You can increase your PH level by simply mixing and drinking 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of baking soda daily.  You are hoping for an akalinic body instead of an acidic body.  Also, Tahitian Noni Juice, I have found, increases my PH level BY just drinking 1 oz a day on an empty stomach followed by drinking half my body weight in ounces of water.  Most sickness are caused by having an acidic body. Study Alkalinic and Acidic bodies and you will understand.

ODOR IN NOSE: Hi. I've been wanting to post some info, and have been holding off, but finally decided to do it. For the past two-plus years, have been struggling with odor in my nose. I realize that this issue can be from different causes. Mine seemed impossible. Doctor's couldn't help. Antibiotics very temporary help, for me. Mine is now under control, and I'd like to share. I had read a post a few years ago, that a lady wanted to end her life because of this issue. I know this nose odor is not a fun issue to have, but it's not worth ending life over, and I hope she's doing okay. I hope she reads this, as well as others. I have learned that mine is caused by Candida living in the sinus. I have learned how to eliminate the odor for the day, by a do-able morning sinus wash. And I've learned what to eat, what not to eat, which helps the odor go away. So at this point for me, it's under control. But as soon as I start eating wrong, it comes back. If it comes back, the sinus wash makes all the difference. Diet is a big factor for me. And the sinus wash is a must for me. So I'd like to share everything that I am doing, which is simple and easy. I do use four Young Living oils in my sinus wash. And these essential oils need to be 100 percent pure and therapeutic grade, which Young Living is, and the only company I would use. The oils are "Rosemary," "Tea Tree Melaleuca arternifolia," "Eucalyptus Blue," "Cardamom." I make a very very weak solution.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Just curious did your nasal odor go away? I've tried everything and nasal washes being one it's very hard to go day day with this condition

You know you can't increase or decrease your body's ph...and if you actually did change your blood ph by any more than 0.4 you'd likely die. That fad quackery pseudoscience stuff is better kept away from actual health issues

Tea Tree is very dangerous and should be VERY diluted. Until you know if you are allergic to it or not you definitely should not be using it as a solution in your sinus.

Solved. I owe it to the people on the web to share what worked for me. After taking 300mg of St John's Wort and 1000mg of oderless garlic for 5 days, it is gone. I searched high and low for months and found a post from someone else who said this worked for them, so I tried it. It worked. I was smelling gas, metallic smell, sewage or burnt odors. Triggers were popcorn, dish soap, cucumber, Listerine or anything with alcohol like hand sanitizer, sour dough bread etc. Good Luck!

The whole alkalinity thing is a myth; thoroughly debunked. The body regulates itself.

This sounds like you have a parasitic infection in your sinuses...

I have a sour taste and some sinus drainage , what can I do to get rid of it ? It causes bad breath .

But even if it increased .0000004 it would be increased right