Hi my partner had a vasectomy just over 2 years ago when he was 22 in october 2005, he now would like a reversal as he has split up with his ex. He had it done as she was going to trap him with another child. im asking whether he can have a reversal as was told he wouldnt be able to. im aware that the procedure has changed in recent years so thats why im asking, please reply
thank you

A vasectomy is said to be a permanent method of contraception because there are other methods available if contraception is needed only temporarily such as an IUD. A vasectomy is reversible even though it is said to be a permanent operation. How succesfull the reversal is depends mainly on how long it's been since the vasectomy. If it has been less than 10 years some doctors can perform reversals that work 90 percent of the time. There is a doctor in Houston, Texas that achieves 99 percent success! if you have the cash.

- but he still loved having unprotected sex with her.......nice guy- at least you'll never know the warning signs either. If he decides he doesn't trust you or is secretly planning on leaving you- you can be certain that he will still be sticking it to you on his way out the door. I can't figure out why they gave women rights- after all, we sure are stupid sometimes. THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL HONEY! You're making the rest of us look bad.
!

Yes you can get it reversed and have success. My husband had a vas in 99 and we reversed it in 2002 and 6 months to date of his procedure. I was pregnant. Had a beautiful healthy daughter in July 03 and 3 months later found out I was pregnant again. So i have 2 little girls that are 11 months apart. So it definitely works.. : )