Hello everyone,

I am planning on doing tubal ligation and even though I have thought that this was a permanent birth control option, some lady that I unplanningly ended up having coffee with told me that this can actually be reversed but that it costs a lot of money. I told her that it can't be reversed (that is what I really thought) but she still kept saying that it can.

That is why I am writing this. I just wanted to ask you if tubal ligation is really a permanent birth control option or if there is really a way to reverse it?

Hi Guest,

The lady that you talked to is right, there is a way to reverse tubal ligation and it is actually called tubal ligation reversal and it costs a serious amount of money. But I am not so sure how to explain this, if you choose to never have tubal ligation reversal, then this becomes a permanent birth control option (this makes sense in my head, I don't know if it sounds right now). So you are definitely sure about doing tubal ligation, did you already contact the clinic in which you are going to do this, do you have everything planned already?

Yes, there is a surgical procedure called tubal ligation reversal which costs a lot of money, just like Chameleon Color said, but even if someone does tubal ligation reversal surgery, their chances of conceiving are only 25%. Speaking of that, you shouldn't really do tubal ligation if you are not sure if you might want to have another baby some day. If you are completely sure that you don't want that, then I assume that you can go on and learn about the every little thing there is to know about tubal ligation and then decide whether or not do you want to do it.

Hello there. Before you decide to do this, you need to think twice because there is no way back. You need to know that sterilization is a permanent form of birth control and it is usually very effective in preventing pregnancy - not 100 percent because nothing is 100 percent effective. But generally, it is difficult to reverse if you change your mind and one thing that you should know as well is that this does not protect against STDs. My good friend done it before and now she is sorry about this. That is why I am saying that you should think about it...

Good day.

Of course, there is that procedure called tubal ligation reversal and like you already know, it costs a lot of money. I think that it is about 6000 dollars, even more at some hospitals. 

When you do this procedure, you are immediately free to go to your home. The recovery process is pretty fast and I think that you can go to work even after two days. 

To cut long story short, a tubal ligation reversal is a procedure to restore fertility after a woman has had a tubal ligation. This is actually a procedure that cuts or blocks the fallopian tubes to prevent pregnancy

Hi there. Don't make the same mistake as I did. I didn't want to have more kids (at least, I believed that I don't want to have kids anymore). I have tried to use pills to prevent pregnancy, but I had some side - effects so I and my hubby were discussing about permanent birth control. So, we decided that it is time - I should do a tubal ligation. Of course, after a while, I wanted to have more kids....Maybe this motherly instinct was there when I did this. I don't know. I regret, I really do. So, tubal ligation is not an option when you doubt would you like to have more kids or not. If you have money find some other effective way to protect yourself.

Hey. Since yesterday I didn't know that there are a couple of ways for this tubal ligation.

My cousin called me and she told me that she did this Pomeroy method. When I asked her what this is, she told me that this is a very common method of tubal ligation.

So, here is how this goes - the doctor takes a loop of the fallopian tube and ties it off with a piece of suture. The loop is then cut off above the tie; the ends of the cut tubes are sometimes burned as well. I don't know how soon you can recover from this.

Tubal ligation generally should be a permanent birth control option....So, it is very important to think twice about it.