Hi, I will say from the start that I am very concerned for my father. He is 71 years old and even though he seems all right, his heart is far from being healthy. His coronaries have dev eloped arteriosclerosis and there is a possibility that he might have a heart attack. Can myocardial infarction be treated? What to do to avoid it?

Well, I think that prevention is the best option here. Even though the damage has already done, there are still some steps and measures that might prevent the worst. I assume that he has problems with high cholesterol and blood pressure. He has to regulate that as soon as possible, and if he is a smoker to quit using cigarettes. Weight reduction is also necessary, which includes regular light exercising (long walks in his case). Heart attack can be treated but let’s hope it won’t come to that.