Hello everyone. I am not feeling that good lately, I don't know is this because of this ugly weather or what is going on. But I feel so hard pressure on my chest, sometimes I am loosing my breath and I don't know what is going on. So I went to see my doctor. He called me today and he told me that the is not satisfied with the results of my tests. It looks like that I have ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction or other way called STEMI. I don't know what to do. How to treat ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction? Thank you.

Hey there. I don’t believe that you have it, I think that you had it. That makes a sense. But it is probably n nothing that serious because your doctor, according to your words, didn’t tell you that you need to be scared. But in case of STEMI you need to be extremely careful. There are a few ways how to treat it. For example, emergency revascularisation is recommended in patients with a cardiac arrest who have been resuscitated and are haemodynamically stable and show ECG evidence for a STEMI. Hypothermia is recommended for cardiac arrest patients who have been resuscitated and remain comatose.Of course, that is just one of the ways. 

A STEMI heart attack is caused when a blood clot suddenly forms as you probably already know. Well, treatment is usually preformed with several medications that protect your heart and that is going to help you relief the pain. Those medications are beta blockers, morphine, nitroglycerine, etc. Also, your doctor can give you aspirin tablets to chew.  But if your heart stopped to work for a while after heart attack, your doctor can use treatment that is called therapeutic hypothermia. Also, the treatment is determined on the one thing – how strong this heart attack was.  I hope that it was not that strong.

Hello there. Here is what you need to know. A STEMI heart attack is caused when a blood clot suddenly forms, that completely blocking an artery in your heart. This also can result in damage that covers a large area of the heart and extends deep into the heart muscle, and we don’t want that, right?  The priority in treating a STEMI heart attack is to open the artery quickly, saving as much heart muscle as possible. There are couple of treating options, but the best treatment options include percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), a term that encompasses both angioplasty and stenting and of course, there are those clot-busting medication that are really helpful as well.