Hello! I suffer from myopia which was discovered during my school time. I wear glasses ever since. I tried to wear contact lenses but I couldn’t get used to them and I was not ready to put them and take them off every day. My friend told me I should try with some alternative things to correct my myopia such as special eye exercises. Are there any successful eye exercises for myopia? I am twenty four.

Hello! Myopia is mostly diagnosed at school children. Many people believe that too much close work, such as reading or sitting too close to the television (which usually children do) causes myopia. But, there was little evidence to support this. It is only indicated that people in professions that involve extensive reading have higher degrees of myopia. There are some people who think that some special diets, eye exercises and herbal medicines may treat myopia but there is no evidence of it. I think that exercises will not treat or cure your nearsightedness. You can take periodic breaks from visually demanding tasks which will help your eyes to rest or consider surgery.