I have only been urinating once or twice a day. Sometimes I don't even have the urge to go and I just try to make myself, and sometimes when I do it's not very much and the color is a real dark yellow. I just had a baby 5 weeks ago if that would have anything to do with it, I don't know. So I wanted to know what it could possibly be, and if it was bad not to urinate more than that. Thanks Stephanie

Hi there,

You have to understand that not having urge to urinate is not very good. There are several reasons for this and the first one that comes to my mind is low body hydration. How much water do you drink daily? I am not sure that having baby has to do anything with this. This could be connected with your kidney. It might be possible that it is not functioning correctly and it doesn’t clear your body of toxins enough. Sometimes this is a change that can affect body for short period of time and usually it doesn’t need any treatment. But if this problem is present for longer time you should get your urine tested.

I hope that this helped

hia there, i drink lots of fluids every day mostly water and i only pee possibly once a day maybe twice, im exactly the same as the the women at the top but i drink loads of water ect, i dont get feeling to go to the loo and when i do my pee is usually a dark yellow... im male 19 years old, and just so u know how many times i do go to to the loo last time i went was 17/10/2012 at 11:25 pm and i havnt been to the loo yet and its now 18/10/2012 at 5:10pm..... please would sum 1 be able to give me sum advice

many thanks josh 

to answer both u guys question it could highly mean ur kidney(s) are failing. I was born with bad kidneys and they dsaid anyone who normaly used the bathroom 5 times a day ot more and now only twice or once it could mean that or ur kidney needs to be looked at due to the lack of function

Holding urine inside your body is not good. Toxins start to build in your body and your kidneys will not be able to remove it all. It can be a sign of kidney disease or End Stage Renal Failure.

you are wrong about hold urine in not good for health because I am check on internet.internet said hold urine in good for health because it cause remove bad waste products from body and not cause chronic kidney failure lead to end-stage renal failure required kidney hemodialysis machine and peritoneal dialysis or kidney transplantation each day and night.

I'm sorry, what? Going to the bathroom is a good thing! If you hold in your urine, you're keeping those toxins in your body. Relieving ourselves is a natural thing, you're not supposed to prevent it! Holding your urine can not only damage your bladder, but it can up your risk of bladder cancer, and other very painful diseases. Please check your facts before going online. Some people may not know these things, and may become misguided by your post. Thank you.

Sorry to reply again, but you simply cannot believe everything you read on the internet. Once, for example, I googled why my toe hurt. Somebody told me that I quite obviously had a cancerous tumor in my toe. For god's sake, it was just a sunburn! Urinating is not only a natural process, but cleans out the toxins in your body filtered through your kidneys. Backing up that system only causes further damage. Would you also recommend holding your feces? That can lead to colon cancer, cancer in the intestines, and tears in your small or large intestine. Holding your urine is the same as holding fecal matter. It's defying the process of nature, and ruining your health. If you have any questions, consult an actual doctor- not the internet!

You need ask your doctor about hold urine in for once a day good for health.

That's not true at all that's how u get bladder infections

I haven't been going pee that much and I have been having major pains in my stomach and its been bothering me for 2weeks and it takes away time doing things I need to do.

You may have kidney stones go see your doctor

What if you're not holding it. Just don't feel the need to go other than once or twice a day ?

Although I drink a lot of fluids daily, I only pass urine once or twice a day. What could be the problem?

Hi Josh, I have the same problem. I go to the restroom when I 1st wake up and not again until the next day. I have kidney cancer but this has been going on for at least 5 years and they have removed part of my kidney that was cancerous. My urologist was very clear when he said it had nothong to do with my kidney and more to do with my bladder. I have had multiple tests done and my good and bad kidney are both functioning fine. He is sending me for a study because he said no matter who you are you should at least go 4 times a day. I had a bladder ultrasound done right after I went to the restroom 1st thong in the morning and there was still almost 200cc's of urine in my bladder. He is taking this very seriously. He even suggested that I would probably have a bladder stimulator placed to correct the problem. You need to see a Dr. I don't know how it works there but I was referred to a urologist by my family doctor. I hope this helps, Becky