It seems to me that parents use the turrets syndrome to give their children's misbehavior an excuse. I see more teenagers who are "diagnosed" with this syndrome who just seem to be prone to mischief, and now have a legal right to act this way.

Hi there,
You have to understand that this condition is very real and it gives many problems to people who suffer from it. They are often misunderstood by the society. They do not do this on purpose. I am not sure if they know what really caused this syndrome in the first place. Some say it is genetic but it can also be influence by environmental symptoms as well. I am not sure what is the best treatment option and what medication can help, but I know that this condition can be managed with therapy. The management of the symptoms of Tourette's syndrome may include pharmacological, behavioral and psychological therapies. I hope this helped you a bit.
Best wishes,
Marco

Tourette's Syndrome is a genuine condition. If one ot two parents do try and use it as an excuse for poor behaviour, it does not mean the condition is not real. Why any parent would want to pretend their child has it is beyond me, they must be in need of psychological help themselves in that case!