Hello, I would like to hear something about dependent personality disorder. This is a condition my daughter suffers from and she has been under therapy for couple of months now. Is there a possibility that some trauma could cause this disorder? Other than that, I cannot see why she could get affected by this. And as for trauma, is it possible that my wife and I could miss something like that?

Well, you must know that dependent personality disorders, along with some other similar conditions are something that has been analyzed but not yet fully understood. This means that trauma might be the cause, but what kind and why, it is not yet established. There are some indications that family history could have a role in the emerging of this condition but that is also not certain. The good thing is that therapy sessions and meds can help people who suffer from this illness.