Hi, I am worried about my mother. She is 56 years old, and has a constant vertigo. Yesterday she lost her balance and fell down on the floor in front of me. Something is very wrong, and I can’t make her visit a doctor. Does anyone know what are the common causes of a constant vertigo?

Hi, I suffer from vertigo too. It started couple of months ago and still lasts. I have difficulty walking because I feel like I’m going to trip over my own feet. I just don’t have any balance! It is a terrible feeling. At first, I was having occasional vertigo seizures, but now it is constant. When I get up suddenly, it looks like the objects around me are spinning along with the room. My aunt is a doctor, and she told me that I might have some problems in my inner ear, because it controls the balance. The other possible causes are alcohol dependence, antibiotics, such as gentamicin, head injury, motion sickness, and some others. Explain to your mother that she has to visit a doctor because she might have some serious underlying condition.