Hello! I would like to hear if you can get a sunburn on a cloudy day for strange think happened to me recently or precisely almost 2 days ago I was out whole day long and though it was really hot it was a cloudy day and at about 8 p.m. I figured out I got sunburn all over my face neck and shoulder. Anyway how is it possible to get sunburn on a cloudy day? Thanks much!

Whenever it is hot and no matter if it is cloudy or even if there is a frog you can still get sunburn on hot days so don't think that clouds could save you from getting sunburned for those sun rays are easily passing through clouds-some of them like UVA penetrates even through glass and windows so going through clouds is like a joke to them and you get sunburned of course. so make sure no matter if it is cloudy or if there is a frog out there you don't get out without sunscreen and always wear hat and glasses and basically avoid sun exposure especially between 10 a.m. and 15 p.m. no matter if it is cloudy or not. Even you might get even easier sunburn when it is cloudy for you are somehow less aware of getting sunburn on cloudy days-and the result might become much worse.

It doesnt matter if it is hot or not. Infrared rays are what make you feel the heat of the sun. A cloudy day will block the infrared rays from making it to you but will not necessarily block the UV rays-the wavelength of light that will cause your skin to burn. so even when it is cloudy and cool, you can still be burned by the sun just like any sunny day

full clouds block most of the uv that burns you however if there is a break in the clouds where you actually get sun, the uv rays kinda bounce off ther clouds around the opening and are basically magnefied...if its cloudy with no actual breaks ull get significantly less than on a sunny day but if its cloudy and a ray of sun peaks through the clouds its considerably amplified....same thing if there is a layer of snow on the ground, or if your at the beach, the snow sand and water will reflect rays and you will receive more uv rays

Frogs? Didn't know they had anything to so with sunburn...

I get sun burn when its cloudy every time even when its raining no sun still get sunburn I wonder why

Probably because clouds DON'T block much of anything but light.

I also got the worst sunburn of my life while wearing a T shirt while swimming. I guess the wet shirt lets the bad rays get in. I was sick in bed for 2 days afterwards. Strange thing was that I never could even get a tan up until then. I was so jealous of the guys I worked with on summer vacations because they had great tans while I worked all day out in the sun and got nothing. I haven't dared to spend a day in the sun since that sunburn to see if I can get a tan or not but now almost 60 years later I have begun wearing shorts now that I'm retired and can. So far this summer I've been wearing them for 2 months now and my legs are still pasty white.

Wear tan accelartor oil creams or coconut oil
I have gone tanlines after 4 weeks
Im pale as normally

A frog?? Hmmm