Hi, I was wondering if you could give me any tips on sunburn care. I never had this kind of trouble before so I do not know what to do. All of my life I was able to get a very nice tan and even a few hours under the direct sunlight didn't do my skin any damage. But now I have experienced sunburn from exposing my skin for only half an hour. Now it is red and hurting and I do not know what to do. Please give me some advice.

Hi, when it comes to sunburn I am sort of an expert. Because of my stubborn attempts to get the desired skin tan, I have put myself through a lot of trouble. What I found most helpful with sunburns are cold milk compresses. Use clean towels soaked in milk. Also showers with cool, but not cold water will help you. Drink plenty of fluids to help you rehydrate. For the pain ibuprofen or aspirin are the best medicines. When the sunburn stops to hurt and starts to heal start using a skin lotion with aloe vera which is excellent for hydration. The best tip for sunburn care that I can give you is to avoid them altogether. I know that people nowadays find suntanned skin more appealing, but the price for achieving this goal might be your life. And I am not exaggerating. The affect of sunray on the skin is accumulating. This means that your skin remembers every time you have had sunburn and one day you may find yourself diagnosed with skin cancer. The only way you can avoid this situation is to try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.

The best way to cure a sunburn is to spray apple cider vinegar on the spot you burned.... Or try dabbing tea on a towel on the spot you burned.

Take an aspirin or ibuprofen as soon as you realize you've been scorched by the sun," says New York City dermatologist , the earlier you take it, the better, since it helps dimish any redness, swelling, and pain.