Is there anyone to tell me what the best sunburn pain relief is? I was out on the sun yesterday whole day and I don't get it how I managed to get burned for I have done all the pre sun expose preparation-hat, glasses and I put some protection cream on all the uncovered areas and now I am in such pain that I couldn't sleep at all last night so I really need to know what could be the best sunburn pain relief? Thanks!

If you are in such pain you may try with taking aspirin up to six days 2 tablets every 4 hour –this is suppose to reduce your sunburn pain, but anyway it is more likely you will be in pain for next 48 hours. But they are also some other tips you could do to get some sunburn pain relief such as frequent cool showers and cool compresses, avoid sun and try to stay near the air conditioner, also you may try to apply some aloe vera gel products for they almost instantly could relief your sunburn pain and when taking shower don't use no shower creams or gels for that is how you would irritate your skin further maybe causing more pain. Take a lot of water for you probably have lost a lot of fluid with this sunburn situation and also try to apply some aloe vera or some 1%hydrocortisone moisturize cream just to avoid possible swelling of sunburned area and of course some anesthetic pain would surely help with sunburn pain relief.

There is a new sunburn cream out called Sunburn911. We were skeptical of the claims when they were promoting it, but we have now heard results. It has no lidocaine so it does not burn when you put it on and it lasts up to 6 hours instead of 30-60 minutes. It is in a very nice cream base which goes on easily. We have had some badly burned patients since we are in the deep south but not one of them has reported that they peeled. Seems to be a fabulous product to stop the pain and condition the burned skin.

I have heard that if you are within 24 hours of having been burned, put some vinigar in a spray bottle and spray it on the burn and let it air dry there, it is supposed to help sooth some of the pain. It's worth a try if the other suggestions fail, also i heard that if u are in the water too long it dries out ur skin more instead of helping it, i am not sure if that is a true fact or not tho.