Hello! My son is 5 and this is the first time we are taking him to the sea-side. He has been always ill during the previous 5 years, so we never had the chance. Everybody’s talking so much on sun bad influence on skin and being potential cause of skin cancer, I would like to know what time during the day would be the best time to spend in the shade? I am also interestedin knowing if skin cancer is hereditary because my brother-in-law was successfully treated from skin cancer.

Hereditary may play a role in developing skin cancer. About 10% of people who were diagnosed with skin cancer had at least one relative who was also found to have it. Make sure your son doesn’t burn at any time, keep him away from the sun when it is the strongest between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Make sure he always has sunscreen on with strong protection that is especially made for children. Don’t think that there isn’t sun light if it is cloudy and you can’t actually see it. Up to 80% of the sun's rays can penetrate light clouds, mist and fog. All that is said for your son implies you too. Watch yourself and your child.