Celebrity

Hi guys, I have one - maybe silly question. My sister's boyfriend has a torn ACL for a while. He keeps telling us me that he can't walk and that this is a reason why they don't see each other. My sis said OK, that she will wait until he is healed totally because she really doesn't want to go to his house to meet his parents. But I was talking to one friend of mine and he told me that you can actually walk with a torn ACL. Please, don't get me wrong and don't judge me, I want him to be better soon, but I want to know is this true or he is lying to us? To my sister?

Or she is very jealous or there is no trust between them. Also, I don't think that his parents are always there, right? Also, this is a new situation and if she wants to see is he speaking the truth, she needs to visit him. The end of a story, if you ask me. Generally, when you have a torn ACL, you may feel a sharp, intense pain in your leg. Also, you might not be able to walk on the injured leg. Why? It is very simple. Because it supports your weight through your knee joint. So, you can walk, but if you are in the pain, sure that you don't want to move, right? The same case is with your sis boyfriend. I am really curious what happened in this, sorry, childish, situation. :)

Celebrity

Yes, I know that this is a bit of funny, I have tried to explain this to her, but she just doesn't want to listen to me. Also, she told me that she doesn't trust him and that she believes that he can walk, minimum that he can do is to get in front of his house or in the nearest park. I know, I am trying to tell her, but nothing. Anyway, he still doesn't walk, he is waiting for the surgery and yes - in this funny story, they are still together. So, the truth is that it is not recommended for him to walk? :/

I don't know, but I find this whole situation a little bit funny. Not because he has a torn ACL and because he doesn't want to get out of the house, but generally - this whole situation is silly. Yes, sometimes you can't walk with a torn ACL, especially if a doctor told you to stay still and not to move. Maybe he told this to him because he wants to avoid the possibility of the surgery, right? I don't know the situation, but it has been a while since your post, and I really hope that this boy is OK now. It can be really nasty injury. 

Hi there.

It depends on whether or not you have completely or partially torn your ACL. It is different, so according to this, you can understand the difficulty of the process. Usually, people do avoid to walk when they have a torn ALC because they are in pain and they are scared that they can even make it worse. But generally, if you ask me, just a simple walking should not cause any further damage if you feel less pain. If this guy is avoiding the sudden twisting movements that caused the injury in the first place, it should not be a problem for him to walk. 

Celebrity

I see. But I know that surgery is required in most of the cases, I am aware of this fact, I am aware that this surgery should happen if your ACL is completely torn or partially torn and unstable. I believe that he is unstable, that he is scared, etc. I know that my question is a bit silly because I want him to get better soon, but I wanted to hear what do you think. I mean, it is not like you are immobile, that you are not able to walk, right? I am aware that this is a heavy thing, but still...

hi there. I was not able to walk, my doctor recommended me to stay still until my surgery is scheduled. so, you see, there are some things that are different and if this guy doesn't want to walk, maybe he has a right why he doesn't want this. It can be really complicated, a doctor maybe will tell you to stay still in the order to see is there any possible way of the healing your knee without having a surgery. that is why he doesn't want him to move. so, I didn't move, I didn't go out of my home, I was following his instructions, and he saw that there is no progress and that I needed to have this surgery...