hi there. my surgeon scheduled an ACL surgery. I have to do that for six days. in the beginning, I was OK, like nothing can happen to me, etc. but now I am not so sure, I was reading so many experiences and I really don't know what to do. I was reading that there actually are some risks that I can't avoid, but some people just don't want to talk about those risk and generally I am not sure what to believe in. even if my surgeon told me that I will be OK, I need to admit that I am scared as the days passing by...

I don't want to scare you, but I think that you need to know - there are so many risks of this surgery. Some of those are bleeding and blood clots. Also, you can feel this pain in your knee, no matter because you had the surgery. I don't want to mention that you can get some infection as well, but I think that this is very rare. Also, during this and after the surgery, you might have a switch in your behavior and you won't be able to control your emotions, but that is not that huge problem. But also, that doesn't mean that there no are pros of the surgery. On contrary! 

That is true. Any surgery has its own risk. ACL tear injury can be a pretty much delicate thing, so the surgery is delicate too. But, if you really have this issue and the surgery is required, you really need to do it, because you won't be able to recover fully alone, without any type of the treatment or surgery in this case. Sure that surgery can have so many risks, but avoiding surgery can also have it. And this knee pain is something that is very, very usually after this surgery, it is nothing unusual. That is why doctors usually take some time until they prepare the patient for this. They are aware of the risks. 

Celebrity

you need to understand that every surgery has its own risks.

I think that, in most of the cases, improper healing is a problem and one of the possible risks. Also, if the surgery goes OK, there are some other things that you can meet with - and those are knee stiffness or weakness. Sometimes, your knees won't be the same like they were before, but this is a risk of the surgery. And I think that you can expect your knees to be normal 100% after this surgery. But also, there are some other things that can happen if you don't do the surgery. There are the risks in both ways. 

Don't get fooled around with the risks of the infection. Sure, they can happen, but they are so small. Almost impossible. I had this surgery. When I started to have this problem, I consulted my doctor imidaitelly. He told me that he would recommend a surgery in my case. It was heavy injury, so there were several treats. So, after a while, I have decided to listen to him. I went to this surgery. The recovery was pretty long for me because I am not used to be at my home, to sit, to do nothing. It was boring, heavy and different. When it comes to all of those potential risks, I was dealing with a loss of range of motion. I was sid, I was pissed off, but I got used to. As the days were passing by, this was better and better. Now, I am ok. I can't say excellent, but OK.