Hello guys,

So, I really need your help. I want to know how can I know that I have a torn ACL? I  know what you guys will say to me - that I need to go to the doctor, do some tests, etc, but I am not so sure that I really want to know 100% that this happened to me. I am a model and I am about to sign a very important contract and I don't want to lose that chance. That is why I can't go to see my doctor now because I am scared of that what I will find out...

First, you need to understand the ACL tear injury,  Signs and symptoms of an ACL injury usually include a very loud "pop" or a "popping" sensation in your knee, that is accompanied with severe pain and in most of the cases an inability to continue an activity. Also, you might feel the swelling that begins within a few hours. Those are the most common symptoms of this, and you should never ignore them because they are an obvious sign that there is something wrong with you. It is really sharp pain and this pain won't let you walk or move. 

Celebrity

Nothing like an intense pain that happens all the sudden. I think that, at least, according to my friends, most recognizable symptom ever. You see, you can read some experiences as well and see that the most of the athletes report feeling a searing, burning, or intense pain that happens as soon as they hear this so-called popping sound. I really do believe that this is a time when you need to react, in order to prevent this issue to goes far away. So, when you feel or hear this, you need to contact your doctor in order to determine next steps. 

By signs, symptoms, and pain. The most common thing that you can notice that you have this problem is a very loud pop. You must have heard it. This pop occurs because the ACL is a very taught tendon. You hear it and then, you start to feel a pain that is not pleasant. Also, maybe you are not able to walk at all. You just can't lean on your leg because you have this ugly feeling that your knee will "fall through" which is really, really ugly feeling. Those are the three signs that you can notice and make sure that you have a torn ACL.  

Sharp, sharp pain. And you hear this sound. When this happens, the all that you will feel and notice is like your knee gives way or become unstable and feel pain. After this, this whole situation will be followed by marked knee swelling over the next couple of hours. It generally happens because the ACL bleeds briskly when it is torn. But I think that there is no way to don't understand that there is something wrong with you. But you need to follow all the instructions that are given by your doctor if you want to get better, and you can be better for a couple of weeks. Don't get down because of this, it will be ok.

The only doctor can tell you do you have a torn ACL or something else, etc. He can do the tests, he can confirm something that you doubt about. But, for sure there are definitely different ways that a physician and doctors can determine what this is. Generally, if you notice a bad feeling, unusual pain or some different sound, I would recommend that if you are having or noticing that those issues are still there, with your knee, such as pain and swelling that seems it won't go away,  make an appointment to your orthopedic surgeon. Wish you all the best if you have this problem.