good day. I went to running three days ago, I never run, but I was thinking that I can do that without any problems, that I can run for miles and miles. suddenly, I started to feel some pain and it was bigger and bigger. went to the doctor and result is torn ALC. now, I need to rest, to heal it, etc. even my doctor mentioned some repairing process and I have no idea what this is and what this means. how do they even repair a torn alc? is it something painful, long-term process or? what are your experiences? 

Hello Orion555,

with the surgery - it is simple. When you have an issue with ACL tear injury, the surgery is recommended. Sure, sometimes this surgery varies from patient to patient, and all of those depends on the patient's activity level, a degree of the injury and some other symptoms as well. Sure, there are some ways of the "healing" this, but I know three persons who actually tried to heal it but without any success. So, in their case, the surgery was something that they needed to do. Talk to the doctor, ask him everything you want to know, from the pros to cons of this surgery. 

Celebrity

I have to say that I disagree with this one because there are so many of the patients with this issue, but they were avoiding the surgery.  Some of them tried some exercises with the people who are an expert, while some of those tried with some physical therapy. Anyway,  this usually happens while you are doing some sports. But doctor needs to do detail examination in order to see what are the next steps. There is so-called a progressive physical therapy and rehabilitation, that is actually good and that it can restore the knee to a condition close to its pre-injury state. So surgery is not the only option. 

With a surgery, usually.

I think that most doctors will recommend this to you. Surgery, in the combination with a rehabilitation, is the most commonly suggested treatment and this treatment turns to be a good thing as well. But also, it depends how old are you, because, in the patients who are elderly or who generally do little sports activity, a nonoperative treatment approach is a possibility. So, I suggest you consult your doctor and of course, take all the facts into consideration, just to see what are your next steps and what is the best for you. It can be really nasty, so I hope that you will be ok. 

Good day there.

I remember that my brother came one day after his football game, limping on his left leg. Apparently, he made some bad move and he felt really sharp pain.

They took him to the hospital immediately and he was diagnosed with torn ACL. They told him that there are huge chances that he won't be able to play football again, so he runs away from the hospital. I mean, this football was his life. 

Doctor recommended a surgery for him, but he was refusing because he believed that they will do something wrong. Today, he is not playing football. Every bad move causes a pain for him. 

So, think about this twice. Surgery sometimes is the only option. 

By surgical repair. That is my recommendation. There are some physical therapies that maybe can help you, but you can't be 100 percent sure about this.
I think that every treatment is generally a short term. When it comes to this surgery, that everyone is avoiding, well it seems that this is the most appropriate long-term treatment for some ACL tears. And generally for your knees. When you have this surgery, your surgeon will remove the torn anterior cruciate ligament and create a new one using a graft, that will help you be way better. I vote for surgery because I think that this is one of the most considerable ways. And the smartest, for sure.