Hey there. Yesterday, I was in the city mall. There was one friend of mine, and she told me that she bought a cat. She was thrilled, and she wanted me to tell her some advice, since I have cats for years now. She told me that she have heard that grain – free cat food is totally a good thing, and that she wants to give this food to her cat. I didn’t know what to say, since I never was feeding my cat with this food. Can you tell me, do you have experience with it?

Do you give your cat grain – free cat food? 

No I don’t. Maybe sometimes. I don’t pay much attention to that. I always make sure that the food that I’m buying consists all the nutrients that my cat needs, but I don’t care if it’s grain free or not.

If you ask me, all these grain free foods that are now popular were developed more in response to consumer (people) preference than to the actual cat’s nutritional needs .

The thing is, people always assume that a grain free nutrition also means low carbohydrate cat food. And that’s just not true. Some grain free cat foods contain carbohydrate levels even higher than the foods that contain grains. 

I totally agree that this is popular lately, but this is not something that I give to my cat – just because it is popular. Maybe sometimes, but that is really rarely. I don’t know why. Grain free cat food is not low carbo cat food, quite opposite, some grain free cat foods can contain pretty high carbo levels. But, still I don’t find this food as a proper way of feeding my cats :) I am not saying that this is not healthy or bad, no way, I am just telling you that my cats are totally fine with their current way of eating and I don’t see why I would change it :) 

Is this cat food really so popular? I have to be honest, I was thinking to feed my cat with grain – free cat food, because I was thinking that this is something that is healthy, and that I can be sure that tnx to this food, my cat will have good protein, vitamin and carbo intake per day. I was thinking to feed my cat with this food, because I was reading about this, and it seems that it is pretty ok. Now, I don’t know some experience to be sure in my decision. Maybe I will try, and I will tell you is everything ok with it. 

Hey. I am asking this because  yesterday I went to the pet shop and I bought two packages of grain – free cat food. I am willing to try, but I really don’t know that much about it, what are levels of nutrition’s, vitamins, minerals…I know that every cat is different, but my friend told me that this is something the best. I have never tried it and that is why I am skeptical as well, so I really want to hear some opinions and experiences. Why I should give grain – free cat food, why I should not give it?

I have so many questions, but no answers :/ 

My answer to your question is yes. I feed my cat with grain free food and he loves it so much. I also think that this kind of food is easier to digest so in my opinion that’s the reason my cat is livelier than ever. :)

He is constantly in the move and I really like that because he wasn’t this energized for a long time.  

However, I don’t feed him with grain free foods exclusively. I buy him some regular canned food frequently and I also make him some homemade meals which are not grain free.

My goal is to give him grain free foods at least 3 times a week.

I never fed my cats grain-free foods intentionally. I gave them canned foods which are grain-free, but that wasn’t the reason why I picked that food brand. Honestly, I don’t believe that grain-free means anything to cat’s nutrition.

You need to concentrate in giving your cats enough high-quality proteins and other nutrients (don’t forget the taurine) so they can develop into healthy matures.

This topic makes me thinking. Maybe I was wrong all this time. I will look for user experiences and studies on the Internet to see if there is anything behind this theory about benefits of grain-free food. I will keep you posted if anything comes up.

I have tried to give my cat grain free cat food, but she won’t eat it. I don’t know why, but whenever I buy it for her, she refuses it. I tried different brands and different types of grain free food, but nothing. 

She has always been very picky though. 

I’ve heard that grain free food has many benefits. A friend who has three dogs and a cat (and has a lot of experience with pets in general) told me that it is way healthier than the regular food. 

I believe him, since he knows a lot about nutrition for cats.