Hello everyone. :) My cat has a rash… AGAIN. I don’t know what to do with her. I usually can handle rashes, but my youngest cat’s rashes are very persistent. At least I know what caused it this time. It is caused by some allergy. Maybe food allergy since I bought a new brand of food for my cat. I now switched back to the previous brand but the rash is still there. I don’t know what to do. It won’t go away. Can someone tell me what is the best treatment for a cat rash that is caused by allergy?

Hello. There are several ways to treat a rash. You can use some natural remedies or you can go to the vet and have him prescribe you some medications.

If you opt for natural remedies you should buy some oil rich in vitamin E or some chamomile tea. That should help. And if not you can always put some aloe vera gel on the infected area and that way you will get rid of the itchiness that the rash is causing.

On the other hand, if you choose medications, my advice for you is to visit a vet and let him decide what you will be using.

Hello. Oh, this boring rash again. But, I have one question – allergy on what? Food? Are you sure? Of course, it is possible that this allergy is caused by food, it is very often, especially if you are changing some brands, if you want to give your cat something new. Well, treatment involves avoiding the food which can cause the allergy, and that is definitely the best method of treatment. Still, if you can’t find what are the ingredients that your cat is allergic to, you can use all those natural remedies, with aloe vera. They are simple the best! 

Hey. I don’t have so many experience with this, but my cat had skin rash, like your cats, as well. It is nothing serious, it can be cured for a few days with those natural remedies. Now, it depends, maybe this food allergy is something that needs to be cure with antibiotic. Also, I have heard that you can combine 1 / 8 teaspoon of table salt with 8 ounces of distilled water, and bath your cat with it. I have heard that this rash, if you baht your cat, can disappear for just one week. I will definitely try it one day. 

I have several cats too and I thought I am the only one who has noticed that some cats are more prone to rashes than the others.

For my oldest cat, whenever she had a rash, I used to put cotton balls soaked with chamomile tea on the infected areas and in a few days the rash would disappear.

But my two youngest cats are getting these rashes all the time and no matter what I do, they won’t get away. What helps people most (and you should try it) is a dietary supplement containing fatty acids.

And if this is a food allergy then you need to try Hypoallergenic diet.

Hello. Oh, yes, I am familiar with this problem. I always use chamomile tea, but always. Sometimes, when I want to change it, I am using aloe vera extract. But I remember that my cat had one really ugly rash, I just could saw that she is in pain. So, I started to give her marshmallow, because I have heard that they can be really effective as natural remedy for irritated skin. Vet also recommended me all natural or hypoallergenic diet program, so I did it. The results were just amazing :) You should try it as well, it is natural as well. 

Hello, guys.

The aloe vera (no matter if it is a gel or a spray) has my recommendation as well. I successfully cured two rashes on my cat in the last two years with aloe vera.

But, if your cat is having recurring rash, I think it is better to have her checked by the vet. Maybe she needs antibiotics to finally solve that problem.

I admit, it is a bit radical solution for common rash, but maybe it is necessary. Only a vet can give you the right answer.

Of course, if you are absolutely positive that this rash is consequence of food allergy, you can try with hypoallergenic diet and see what will happen.

Anyway, I wish you good luck.