Hi, we have to cats and my partner has had a few bouts of chest infections, would the cats cause this???? If the cats were affecting his chest wouldn't the symptoms be all the time.

Regards M

Allergic reactions from a cat can be minor to "almost dead". I am very allergic to them, but i have two cats myself.
Minor reactions can be itchy and watery eyes, runny nose, blotchy skin, itchy ears and throat.
Major reactions can be all the above plus, wheezing, coughing, a tight chest, and a feeling that you just can not get enough air into your lungs.
I have a short hair cat, she doesn't really bother me to bad, then i have a long hair calico, she is the one who makes me very sick. It is their dander that gets to a person with allergies.
It doesn't matter if you stay away from the cat, the dander from them is all over the house and you can not see it.
If your partner has allergies and resperatory problems, he/she really shouldn't be in contact with the cat.
If he/she is allergic to your cats, there would be some kind of lingering affect all the time. Maybe he will sneeze or rub his eyes, you may notice him scratching himself, you may see bumpy, red blotches on his skin.
A chest infection is different from an animal allergy.
I have used Zyrtec for about 2 years now, and my wheezing is controlled. I am able to live with the cats (or they with me) and i feel okay.

no it cant because it would affect the hole area

I have just looked at this article . I do not have a cat , yet some cats give me chest infections .. I have one now . I don't know what it is or why ? I do have Athma .. But get an infection a day later , after being around certain cats ...
Regards A

Hey I got 2 cat had them since they have been kittens now there big cats now just got over a bad chest infection lasted 3 months got asthma now through the chest infection is that my cats that cause it?

I'm pretty sure you need more than someone sitting at a keyboard in who knows where to answer that for you.

I can tell you I got what the doctor said was a viral lung infection a year ago and it still has not resolved completely. It is still getting better as each month goes by.