I’m planning to take my first 5K race. But it occurred to me that I actually don’t know the exact distance of 5K race. Does anyone here know that? I’ve been trying to find this out, but I couldn’t so I thought that this would be the right place to ask such a question. Suggest me how to prepare for this race. Thanks a lot!

Now you’ve confused me! I’ve thought that 5K race refers to a five-kilometer race and now that you ask about the exact distance I see that I don’t know it. I’ve been browsing the Net a bit, but I couldn’t find out anything about the exact distance. I suppose that this might be due to the fact that sometimes those 5K races are trail races and there’s no need to measure them precisely since, the speed is not the most important factor. But, maybe I’m just embarrassing myself now. When it comes to preparation, there is a system for successful training and since you’re a novice you should find in on the Internet, because you should know the proper way of exercising.

5k is 5 kilometers.
5k is 3.1 miles.

Thank you. :D