I was thinking to put breast implants, so I inquired a little and I found something worrying. I found out about the cases of capsule contracture. I understood that those women suffered from bacterial infection or inflammation around implants. How capsule contracture happens? Is that surgeon’s mistake or something else? Is there prevention for capsule contracture?

The cause of most instances of capsule contracture appears to be related to transient or long term bacterial contamination of the implant surface. This leads to the formation of an inflammatory scar around the implant, walling it off from the body.
Sometimes formation of a capsule contracture is associated with intermittent or ongoing inflammation and fluid accumulation. Treatment of capsule contracture usually requires removal of the scar around the implant. The establishment and maintenance of an oversized pocket is done to limit the tendency of recurrent pocket closure and encroachment on the volume of the implant itself.