I JUST WANTED TO HEAR MORE OPINIONS AND INFO REGARDING DR. JAY CALVERT, AND HIS REVISION RHINOPLASTY WORK. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED AND I AM PROBABLY GOING TO HAVE HIM DO MY REVISION RHINOPLASTY, BUT I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I AM NOT MISSING ANYTHING.

**edited by moderator**

I might have him perform a rhinoplasty on me and I really appreciate if you tell me what is your experience with him?

Dr. Calvert is a sweetheart. I haven’t done my surgery with him yet, but I am planning to in the next few weeks. I changed my scheduled surgery date today, and nobody in his office got annoyed at all! Most places want to rush you into the surgery, not in doctor Calvert’s practice. I have gone to expensive consultations with other surgeons; they don’t spend more than few minutes with you--- some are cold and full of themselves--- not dr. Calvert, and by the wayhis consultation is free!
I just want to encourage you to consult with him if you are in need of surgical help.

He and his staff are the nicest.

Im also thinking of choosing dr calvert for my revision rhinoplasty. He just seems like a wonderful doctor and his staff is sweet. Please let me know how your surgical experience was with him.

Dr. Calvert has actually performed my revision rhinoplasty. The surgergy was done over 3 years ago and here is the letter I wrote shortly after the surgery. I still feel the same way today:

My first surgical experience was performed by another well qualified doctor here in Newport Beach on April 7, 2004. After several consultations and a great deal of research I selected the doctor who I felt most comfortable with as well as a surgeon whom I thought was most qualified for my particular situation. My nose had been damaged from many years of a ‘wild lifestyle’, causing me to look like a boxer who had taken many punches straight to the nose. This was not another typical rhinoplasty; this was an extremely challenging restructuring of my entire nose. Many experienced surgeons who I first consulted with were unwilling or unable to take me on as a patient. Needless to say my first surgery took place in April of 2004 by a surgeon other than Dr. Calvert, and the results were simply amazing. The surgery completely changed my life, bringing my confidence back and quickly allowing me to make a huge career change and to be married that same year. Approximately 14 months after my surgery, infection crept in. I am not typically an emotional guy, but I was pretty devastated over the prospect of having to go back to my ‘old’ nose. It was at this time that my first surgeon had recommended that I see Dr. Calvert. Skeptical that there was a doctor out there that could, let alone would take me on as a patient in the face of what had become a very serious infection; I set an appointment with Dr. Calvert. I had done my homework and was well aware of whom Dr. Calvert was, his lab work with cartilage, his lecture work, as well as his work at the University of California Irvine. I was still very doubtful. After my first consultation with Dr. Calvert on the 7th of July 2005, I left his office with a tremendous sense of relief and I felt very fortunate to have discovered such a great person/surgeon. One of the first things that he said to me was that he wanted to help me and together we came up with a plan which worked best for the both of us. Heading into surgery on July 29, 2005 I was completely confident in Dr. Calvert and his team. Surgery went extremely well and post op has revealed a result which is nothing short of a miracle. Not only has the infection gone away, but the results of the surgery including the shape and size of my nose are nearly perfect. Although there are no guarantees in a surgery such as mine there is peace of mind in knowing that I have someone like Dr. Calvert in my corner.

I actually did my surgery with him (Dr. Jay Calvert) last February, and I have to say I could not be happier with the result. He is the best of the best.
After my unfortunate and devastating first surgery with a butcher called Chugay, I always said I would give every thing I had to return the time to a day before that awful day of meeting him (Nikolas Chugay), NOW you can’t give me the whole world to return the time to a day before Feb 24, 09 the day that Dr. Calvert lifted Chugay’s ugly curse off my face. If you are in need of a reconstructive surgery you must meet with Dr. Calvert.
Good Luck.

Thank you so much for sharing this experience. I similarly had a disasterous rhinoplasty and I share your exact feeling about desperately wanting to go back to the day before my surgery. I have an appointment with Dr. Calvert in a few weeks. Your sharing your experience with Dr. Calvert greatly helped me during is a terribly difficult time so THANK YOU!

I had the worst ever experience with Dr. Chugay. It seems this Doctor does all type of surgerys. You name it he will do it! I first learned about him through an advertisement. I had buttock surgery with him and thank god that I am able to walk. I was in rehabilitation for 2 years after that and until then I still have pain, he damaged my nerve.

I had told him and explained about my paid and he would always tell me that it will go away. I was like this for a year under pain medication.

I went to another doctor for a second opinion and I was told that I have to take them out immidiately, I right away scheduled an appointment with Dr Chugay and demanded to have them removed, they were removed that same week. He did not take responsibility for any of my damages.

The first surgery I had with him was jaw implant, I believed in him! After two weeks of having the jaw implants. I noticed that they were showing through the inside of my mouth. I went back to him and he said, that he would have to remove them.

After all this I have been to a different Doctor for a second opinion and I was told that jaw implant have to be the correct size and you have to implant them correctly if not, the same thing that happened to me will happen.

I now have scar tissue and waiting to have a rivision and have the scar tissue removed, this has caused now for one cheek to be larger than the other. I can say that I regret ever going to Chugay...

His assistant Mary is just to get her commission and does not care, big bull-shiter... I know for a fact that I am not the only one that has had such a bad experience. i was told this by one of their own employees.

Be careful! I do not recommend him. His spends alot in advertisement, However, does not have repeated patients. One thing that I am glad that I can walk okay now. However, I still have pain - he damaged my buttock nerve and this is for life...

HI, I am interested in getting my revision with him too but its just so expensive and id ont know how Im going to be able to do it!!! The total was 18,000 and im trying to get or find an insurance that is contracted with him and there seems to be none! can anyone please help me out? i would really appreciate it if you know if any insurance is contracted with him? Thanks!

I had 3 previous failed, traumatizing Rhinoplasty procedures. Needless, to say I was desperate to find a Dr who could make me look and feel normal. It is not an easy task to find a Dr/ every Dr claiming to be the best. I flew to Ca several times over the course of a year to meet with Dr Calvert. My first impression was that he was the real deal. He is without a doubt the most wonderful person/Dr I have ever met. His staff is as equally wonderful. I had my surgery in June and I am beyond pleased and my results are more than I could have every hoped for. He has blessed hands! I would recommend him to anyone. I would take out a loan/Care Credit or borrow from relatives if I had to in order to have my surgery done by Dr. Calvert. I will never go to another surgeon; he is my surgeon for life. I have flown out 3 times to Ca for my post surgery check ups. I know that there will be extra expense in making the trip but it is worth every penny. You will not be disappointed!

PS: My surgery was 16,500 + 1800 for aftercare and travel expenses for a week.

I didn't believe all the reviews on other sites about dr. calvert being so inept and such a liar, but they were very accurate. Be smart and stay away from this fraud doctor.  He's terrible, he rips off insurance and does very poor work.

Where is your proof? All of you who have put up all of these 'bad reviews' - do you have any before or after pics done by Dr. Jay Calvert including your patient # and proof that he has done the surgery? Because from my personal experience he is the most amazing doctor I have ever come across in my life. And he has worked on many people that I personally know - all who have never been happier.

Dr. Jay Calvert is the most amazing revision rhinoplasty surgeuon I have ever met! My nose it ten days old and not one bruise, not anything just a perfect nose. For all the haters in the world, I went and paid 10k for my frist surgery thinking the Dr. is amazing and made me look like two can Sam, NO JOKE, Dr. Calvert saved me and I will be so greateful everyday!

I agree, Dr. Calvert is in my opinion the top revision Rhinoplasty surgeon, and he is truly one of the kindest Dr.'s I have ever consulted.  He is very special and extremely compassionate.  I've seen many of his patient's results, and all I can say...is that I initially went to his office for a spa treatment, and after seeing the fabulous results of his surgical skills.....I switched my choice of surgeons over to him.  He is probably one of the most honest physicians.  I don't believe for one second that he ever hit a patient.....I was sitting in his office one day waiting to undergo a spa treatment, and the cutest little boy walked into the office in tears and with a scraped knee.  Dr. Clavert stopped everything he was doing to tend to the little boy....he fell off his bike and scraped his knee....and within 2 minutes the boy stopped crying and had a smile on his face.  I made a comment about how sweet the interaction was between Dr. Calvert and the boy, and was informed that the boy was his son.   Somebody went on a tirade of making false accusations about him on the internet.....and the accusations are.....100% false.!!!!  Dr. Calvert has performed countless volunteer surgeries to help the less fortunate, and he is exceptionally giving!!!  His work is superb!!!  I never saw one disgruntled patient the numerous times I visited his office.....in fact, all I ever witnessed were patients that had nothing but praise and gratitude for their surgical results.  

I am a 45 years old woman. I had eyelid surgery and rhinoplasty back in 1993 and the results were horrible from Dr. Nightmare. I then met a respectable doctor who tried to fix my eyelids and nose in January of 1996, repeated in August of 1996 and January, 2001. However, my nose still looked abnormal. People were looking up my nostrils, the implant seemed to be too sharp and the margins seemed to be too noticeable. I still had asymmetric nostrils and the tip was crooked. The skin appeared to be translucent, and the nose shape was not straight.
When I went back to see him last May, 2013, he refused to fix my nose. He asked me to live this way because he felt I had too much scar tissue, and thought results were satisfactory. At the end of meeting, he suggested if I was really dissatisfied, to meet Dr. Jay W. Calvert. He specifically referred me to Dr. Calvert because of Dr. Calvert's expertise in complicated rhinoplasty revision cases.
Like Helen Keller met her teacher Sullivan, I met Dr. Calvert last May, 2013 and, he said he could fix it. He exactly understood my concerns and explained to me how he could fix my nose. I was happy that there was still a doctor who could fix my nose. But the happiness came with worries and fear. I was not twenty years old anymore. I had disappointing memories. I also worried about how much worse it could become. Even with all my trepidation, I made the surgery appointment on June 6, 2013.
I was looking into Dr. Calvert's review on Google later that day, and found that there were a couple of bad reviews about him. I was scared and called my Blue Cross Insurance Company not to approve the surgery. I was scared and all the memories of failed surgeries memories attacked me. I had waited until my husband came home. My husband is an Internal Medicine doctor who works in a hospital near Dr. Calvert’s office in Beverly Hills, Ca. He and I thoroughly searched about Dr. Calvert through the internet to find out if he is reliable and capable to risk having him fix my nose for the final time. Later that night, we found the conclusion that Dr. Calvert is a great reconstructive surgeon who does the most complicated cases. He takes care of other plastic surgeons’ messes. We sorted out that plastic surgery is risky, so few people screamed on the internet that Dr. Calvert is a bad doctor. But, there were also so many other people who really appreciated Dr. Calvert’s excellent results. My husband and I became confident about Dr. Calvert’s credentials and skills after we searched his reviews, you tube videos and articles he wrote. Next morning, I called my insurance company again, and told them I really needed the surgery on June 6, 2013 from Dr. Jay W. Calvert.
On June 6, 2013, there were more than five professional people in the surgical suite. The blanket was so soft and warm. I felt like I was in a hotel bed. Ola, physician assistant, was so helpful with my case. I feel she has great skills and is a team member supervised by Dr. Calvert. I don’t remember what went on throughout the surgery day. All I could think of was the cozy bed and kind nurses. Dr. Calvert performed my rib graft, took out cartilage from my ear and fascia from my right temple. He performed a five hour surgery on me. He called my husband after the surgery and said he was happy that my surgery came out perfect.
I went to see him next day and closely followed up with him regularly. Receptionists were kind, within 5 minutes of my scheduled appointment, I was able to see Dr. Calvert and Ola. They checked my nose and incisions closely to make sure everything was perfect.
I was comfortable and half-awake for whole week during my recovery with minimal bruising.
June 12, 2013, I went back to his office to get checked one week after surgery. He was about to remove my splint. I was excited and worried. I was worried and excited. The last twenty years of my life crossed over my mind. How much I suffered from depression after the original failed nose surgery in 1993. How much my personality has changed because of my self-consciousness. How much I had to avoid meeting people, and how much I had thought about suicide. Dr. Calvert took off the splint and handed me silver framed hand mirror. I checked my nose to see if the nose line was straight, not translucent, symmetric, with symmetric nostrils that was covered from the front profile. It looked so natural! He did exactly what I asked for, and he did an amazing job. I was happy beyond my expectation. How did he make my crooked nose to look so pretty? Both side profiles looked so pretty. Now I have pretty nose. I never thought my nose can be fixed this well. He made me to achieve my 20 years of hopes and dreams. Or, am I still dreaming?
Dr. Calvert, Ola and his team,
You are the best!!
Thank you, thank you,
and Thank you.

Kay