Prices? Experiences? Trying to research for a rhinoplasty I am wanting.
Thanks

I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A BLOG BUT I WISH I HAD NEVER USED THOMAS ROMO!!!!!! I HAVE HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH HIM.... HE HAS ALREADY DONE 3 SURGERIES ON MY NOSE AND I HAVE BEEN HOSPITALIZED MORE THAN ONCE AND PUT ON IV ANTIBIOTICS DUE TO THE INFECTION IN MY NOSE.MY NOSE NOW LOOKS TERRIBLE AND THE TIP TURNS BLACK AND PUS COMES OUT OF THE SIDE. I HAVE BEEN ON ANTIBIOTICS FOR 3 YEARS!!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH CAREFULLY. IF U CHECK THE NY BOARD OF HEALTH WEBSITE U WILL SEE HE HAS 4 SETTLED MALPRACTICE CASES... I WISH I HAD DONE MY RESEARCH BETTER..I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE AVOID THE HORROR I HAVE EXPERIENCED

I am sorry to hear about your terrible experience. Has it improved since? What typr of surgery did you have? I have never heard of those complications before with rhinoplasty. I am considering the surgery myself and went to Dr. Romo recently.

I am so sorry to hear that you had such a terrible experience. Has is gotten any better? I just had a concult with Romo this week. Please respond

I'm curious to find out more information too. I just had a consult with Dr. Romo myself.

I am sorry about your unfortunate circumstances, but I sincerely doubt that your infection was caused by Dr. Thomas Romo, III. There must be more to your story than what you are revealing here. How did you get such a serious infection? Dr. Romo must have been pretty upset. His rhinoplasty work is impeccable and he takes special care to inform his patients of what the surgery entails, the risks involved with the surgery, what to expect as far as healing and swelling are concerned, and what activities and habits must be avoided at all costs because they increase the risk of infection, may cause bleeding, or may slow down the healing process.

When Dr. Romo performed surgery on me — which involved the use of implants — I did not have a problem with infection. I followed his instructions carefully. The number one no-no, he said, is smoking. No smoking before the surgery and “absolutely no smoking after the surgery.” Smoking would increase the risk of infection exponentially… Probably because the tar, nicotine and cancer-causing chemicals get trapped in the nose, absorb into the gauze packing, and adsorb onto the implant. I don’t smoke, but I was even afraid to be around people who smoke after Dr. Romo told me what might happen if I got an infection. He said he’d have to remove the implants, which would require another couple of surgeries, and then — well, I don’t know if this is the proper forum for such a discussion -- but things would get complicated.

However, I do know that Dr. Romo should not be blamed for your post-operative infection. He is a brilliant surgeon, renowned for mastering most complex and difficult surgical procedures. Moreover, he is a caring, dedicated doctor who enjoys speaking with his patients about their surgeries, answering their questions, and making sure they are well-informed and comfortable with their decisions before proceeding. The doctor to whom you refer so disparagingly doesn’t sound even remotely like the Dr. Romo I know, or who hundreds of other patients have come to appreciate.

Understandably, you are upset, but, be fair and respectful to others when you use this [or any] blog to vent. And, please observe the terms and conditions set forth by this website for its members, namely: 1) no “shouting” (i.e., use of all caps in a message) and 2) respecting [the privacy of] others.

YOU SEEM TO HAVE ALOT OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS SUBJECT AND MY EXPERIENCE. CAN I CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY VIA E-MAIL, TELEPHONE, ETC. FOR MORE INFORMATION?

I am not a patient of Dr. Romo, however, I am having a similar situation. I had gone in for a revision rhinoplasty 13 months ago. Without my consent, my "former" surgeon used implants in my nose. As a result, they buckled and my nose ended up on the left side of my face. In addition to that, I kept complaning about pus and soreness in my nostril area for several months, but was never given antibiotics.
I had a third surgery 4 months ago to fix the mess. My current surgeon removed the implants, but had to leave a small amount of synthetic material behind since it was in the tip. For three months, I have been on antibiotics for an infection that I can not get rid of and found out today I will probably have to have 2 more surgeries - the first to remove the remaining material and the second to rebuld my nose again from scratch.

This means 5 nose jobs for me!!!

I am trying to find people who have had similar situations with hopes they can educate me and/or offer advice.

I symathize with your situation and hope things turn out for the best.

I did not see any malpractice suits invlolving dr romo on the website. what website were you looking at?

I think Dr. Romo is an excellent surgeon. He performed my rhinoplasty and it looks amazing. I had no issues with infections...I am not really sure how "KEK" could have possibly had such an issue unless you weren't following directions. I say this because not only do they put you on antibiotics following the surgery as a precautionary measure but they also have you come into the office for check ups every week for the first few weeks and then every 2 weeks after for another month or so...it has been about 2 months since I had my surgery and I have no complaints at all.

I personally think Dr. Romo is amazing and I highly recommend him.

I wish there was a way I could leave my email address for anyone who has questions but I am a bit uncomfortable with leaving my personal info on a forum...but I will check back every so often..

I had rhinoplasty with Dr. Romo and I'm just over 1 month post-op. I haven't had any problems and my new nose looks beautiful! He gave me exactly what I wanted. I can't speak for anyone else, but based on my results I would definitely recommend him.

I am an african american female and have been researching doctors for a secondary rhinoplasty procedure. Dr. Romo has published numerous articles and i am planning to consult with him. For those of you who have had success, were implants added to the nose to augment the bridge?

he is a great doctor i had my rhino done about 11 months ago and so have 3 of my friends. no problems here

Do not use Dr. Romo. I met him during a consultation i attended with my good friend. He operated on her nose and instructed her not to touch it and to avoid sneezing etc. After two days she was certain that she had developed a cold and there was an intense itching from within her nose. Several days after that when she sneezed, a piece of cloth poked out and she pulled an entire guaze pad which was left in her nose!!! it was infected and proved to be the cause of her discomfort. do not see this man - he has a pompous "god-complex" disposition and has nothing to offer you other than potential pain.

Okay, first what you are saying is completely ridiculous. When you see Dr. Romo he checks the inside of your nose and I am sure if there was gauze in there especially gauze that could be accessed by your friend simply by sneezing he would have seen it...Not to mention the fact that the hospital leaves the gauze in your nose in most cases to soak up some of the blood from the surgery. Perhaps your friend should have followed directions and she may not have gotten an infection.

I have had nasal surgery done by Dr. Romo and I am very pleased with the results. I.honestly I think that the guest above me is probably a doctor or something making up stories to drive away some of Dr. Romo's business.