I had some problems with the tread belt slipping in the past, so I called out a service tech and he just tightened up the belt (even though I'd already done that). He got the tread so tight that the belt got a little ripple in the middle and it was still slipping.

So yesterday, the tech came back out and I ran on the treadmill long enough to make it slip for him. While I was on the mill, he noticed a crack in one of the pieces that adjusts the grade on the mill.

So, after a couple of phone calls today, I'm getting a new bottom half to my treadmill. The upright supports and control panel will stay, but everything else will be brand new.

I can live with that.

How much is it costing you?

I just dropped $316.72 on a new motor and circuitboard for mine. Actually the motor was still under warranty so that isn't even included in that cost.

Since the motor had a 5 year warranty on it, you would assume another new motor would also have a 5 year warranty. Nope! 90 days. That's it.

I'm going to assume that the only amount I'll have to pay is the initial $90 call to the service tech. The 2nd time he came, it was because he screwed up. The next time they come out, it will be to drop off the new deck. If they try to charge me labor for assembly, I'll just do it myself.

I just called the retailer and they're not charging me for the swap out and the original warranty is still in effect.
Home Warranty:
Lifetime - Frame
Lifetime - Motor
5 Years - Electronics/Parts
:w00t:

wow. It sounds great. Should be as good as new.

Some of these techs crack me up. I am glad you were able to make him see the problem the second time.

What kind of treadmill do you have?

Just shows the benefits of a new bottom. (I got nothin')

Gotta love warranty!!