I have just lost my car keys. Again. I am embarrassed to admit that I am prone to losing my keys all the time, and that I always have to turn the whole house upside down before I find them. This time it seems to be a real problem. I literally have no idea where they are. Can you help? What are common places to lose keys?

Jacket pocket, jeans pocket, bags, on the couch, on your kitchen counters? Those seems to be some of the more common places you might leave your keys. If you have tried those already, you will just have to use the opportunity to spring clean your house :-). And in future, please designate one spot for you car keys, like a little hanger by your front door. Then, put your keys there immediately on coming home.

Still in the lock on the oustide of your front door? Done that before XD

Mine are always in my pants pocket. The only way I lose them is if I have to give them to my wife because she can't find hers. Then I have to resort to the spare key I keep in my wallet in case I get locked out of my car. Then she has to find both sets of keys that she lost if she want's to drive the car again because NOBODY gets my spare key.

That spare key is a very good idea actually. Have to get myself one.

It is a good idea. I've carried one since I was 16 and it's saved me a few times. Usually when it would have been very difficult to work around, or expensive. I've never been a new car enthusiast. I bought a new PU truck in 1974 and kept it until 93. Aside from that one new vehicle, most are 10 years old when I get them. So breaking a window to get in is something I'd rather not do because a replacement may not be readily available. My daily driver today is a 1978 Chrysler New Yorker that I bought in 2001. You don't go to the local auto glass company to get glass for that. I've used my spare key several times in the past year to get into it right here in my yard. I installed a remote door lock system in it and the system automatically locks the doors a short while after you start it. Just long enough for me to get out to clean the frost off the windshield, close the door and yell OH sh*t!!!! as the doors automatically lock with my keys inside and the engine running. I can't disable that feature without disabling the horn alert too.

What a rubbish feature that is! I've never bought a new car either - not out of choice mind, I'd love one. Fed up of all the problems on old cars.

I have lost my kees everywhere, i have soo many bad stories of losing them!....

I wish we could just never have to lock up things, says alot about how much we trust each other / :