I recently talked to my brother on the phone. I haven’t heard him for a couple of months. Anyway he had some medical exams scheduled, that is something that the does annually. I am not sure what they did in the hospital, but he told me that he has been diagnosed with Castleman’s disease. He said that is some kind non-cancerous tumor in his chest. I have never heard about this disease. He said that he was felling fine. What kind of condition is this Castleman's disease? I am so worried about him.

Castleman's disease is a rare disorder characterized by benign tumors that may develop in the lymph node tissue throughout the body. They occur often in chest or stomach, neck possibly, rare in armpit pelvis or pancreas. There are few types of the diseases. I know about the case the plasma cell type of Castleman's disease. But this guy had symptoms like fever and hemolytic anemia. I can’t tell you about other types and symptoms.