HI, my cat has scratched me a week ago and the sore hasn’t healed yet and I’m not feeling well, got a fever. Should I go to see a doctor to check if I got cat scratch fever?

Cat-scratch disease is not a severe disease in people who maintain good health, only if you have some immune-deficiency problems or a weakend immune system, it could get complicated. Fever is a symptom of this disease, but also of many other conditions. The sore taking a long time to heal could be sign of a cat scratch disease. But other symptoms include infection of the lymph nodes (also called lymph glands) in the glands that are near the scratched area. For example, if you have a cat scratch on your arm, the glands in your armpit may become swollen. If the fever doesn’t go away for a few days and sore is not healing, it’s necessary to contact your doctor.