Good day everyone.

I finally have a cat. It was a birthday present, for my sweet 16. Her name is Baby Blue :) I love cats for my whole life, and I was always learning a lot about them. But, since I found this site, I could see that a lot of members or guests have problem with swollen lymph nodes in cats.

I don’t know a lot about it. I don’t even know what it is.

Can my cat get it as well? What to do in that case?

And, the most important thing that I want to know is where can my cat get swollen lymph nodes?

Tnx in advance!

Hey you.

I am still trying to find the best answers, I am still trying to find out as much as I can about this. So far, I can’t say that I am happy, because I am not informed well, but I am going to learn everything I can. At least, I hope so :)

As far as I know, this infection can happen at legs, gums, tonsils, etc.

The area that is infected, it becomes enlarged and inflamed, and this is how you can easily notice that something is going on with your cat.

I will try to find more information, and I will come back :)

Hello. There are a few critical spots where your cat can get swollen lymph nodes. Submandibular lymph nodes are on your cat’s neck, on the lower part of the cat’s jaw. They are under the jawbone. Prescapular lymph nodes you can find on your cat’s chest, shoulder, shoulder point, arms. Axillary Lymph nodes are located on the cat’s leg, armpit area and chest. The bumps or lumps can be really small, so you shouldn’t be surprised if you don’t see them. It is very important to observe and check your cat at least once a week. This is the best prevention.

Hey ya!

I had to agree with everything that Dog Whisperer told you but I have some things to add.

The inguinal lymph nodes are on the abdomen, inside your cat's legs, in the groin area. It is very important to observe, because your cat can have more fat on that place. It can be really hard to find lymph nodes there.

There are popliteal lymph nodes, and your cat can get it on the back, legs and knees. You need to touch back, legs and knees of your cat, because it is very easy to feel them under your hands.

I think that you now understand everything :)