My husband had severe car accident 2 weeks ago and he is kind of a partly paralyzed –his legs are affected and he is actually now kind of recommended to have an emergency surgery since he is actually diagnosed with Cauda Equina Syndrome. So I would appreciate if someone teels me how this Cauda Equina Syndrome surgery would help him get recovered and what are some other possible complications Cauda Equina Syndrome related? Thanks!

I was also diagnosed with Cauda Equina Syndrome but in my case it was caused by herniated disc but no matter the cause of Cauda Equina Syndrome the surgery is the only way out for if left untreated it may cause some serious complications involving also permanent bladder and bowel movement control. Anyway whenever it comes to Cauda Equina Syndrome it means that some group of the nerves -and usually it is about lower back nerves- is compressed and worse paralyzed and the longer these nerves stays under this condition the worse and more serious the complications are so the only solution is the urgent surgery in order to release the nerves compression so the faster the surgery is performed the better are results in avoiding possible dramatic complications.