I have a friend who has strange face appearance, like he flushing so often, so I would like to hear some answers. He said it is called rosacea, and it is kind a disease. That is why I would like to hear more about it. Can rosacea be cured, and what causes it? As you can see, I do not know absolutely anything about this disease, so I would appreciate any info.

Rosacea is a chronic disease that affects the skin and sometimes eye could be affected. The disorder is characterized by redness, pimples, and thickened skin. Rosacea usually affects the face, because other parts of the upper body are only rarely involved. A condition called vascular rosacea causes persistent flushing and redness, which is probably problem with your friend. Blood vessels under the skin of the face may dilate, and could be visible through the skin as small red lines. Affected skin may be swollen slightly and feel warm, which is one of symptom of this disease. However, there are several symptoms and conditions associated with rosacea. These include frequent flushing, vascular rosacea, inflammatory rosacea, and some other conditions that involve skin, eyes, and nose. Doctors do not know the exact cause of rosacea but they believe that some people may inherit a tendency to develop the disorder. There is no cure for rosacea, but it can be treated and controlled with dermatologist’s help. The goal of treatment is to control the condition and improve the appearance of the patient's skin.