42 year old male here. I've been experiencing numerous odd pains throughout my body, most for well over a year. None of them are constant, but rather come and go. I do smoke, and drink more alcohol than I should. My family medical history shows lots of heart disease and cancer. I'm gonna throw all this out, and hope it leads to some helpful advice.

For the past month, I've had a dull ache (not throbbing / not constant) on the left side of my head, and behind my left eye. (With no symptoms of a cold or sinus distress.) For the past year, I've had a strange pain around my left ear... Not throbbing like an earache, but rather sensitive when I pull my ear lobe, or stretch my neck. Recently, I've had a strange pain in my cheeks, primarily the right cheek, which doesn't hurt to touch, but is tingly. There are no apparant sores or spots inside my mouth.

About a year ago, I visited an EMT because of painful swallowing (pain somewhere near my larynx, with no other throat discomfort) he commented on how unusually large (or swollen) my uvula seemed, but made no diagnosis, and because he saw no infection, prescribed no medication.

I've also experienced sharp, intermittent pain in my left collar bone (like someone's poking me.) and intermittent pain in my left shoulder & elbows. Same in my left ankle, and other odd places, like the top side of my right foot (feels like in the bones) and also somewhere inside the muscle tissue of my biceps, forearms & thighs. Also pain in armpits, breasts, and groin, (lymph nodes I'm guessing) though when I press around those areas, trying to recreate the pain, I feel no lumps or swelling.

I have also had a general sense of itchiness, especially on my face and groin.

For the past two years, I've also had itchy, puss-filled blisters primarily on the soles of my feet, but occasionally tiny ones on my palms. A doctor prescribed topical steroids for these blisters, which have helped to alleviate, but not cure the blisters completely. The doctor made no diagnosis, so I've since considered it to be severe athlete's foot. But I'm worried, since I've been treating my feet for so long, but the blisters still reoccur.

This varied list of symptoms has left me confused, and I've hesitated discussing all of them with a doctor, since it seems like I have nothing concrete to show, and I'm afraid most doctors would think I'm just paranoid. Does anyone have a clue what might be going on?

Thanks for any help.
Forest Joyce

Hey folks...

I was hoping to get some advice. Anyone there?

Forest ive been experiencing the same problems exept for the hands and feet, going to the ent wednesday will let you know what they find!

I have had pains and strange things wrong with me all of my 56 years. I just call them roving pains. They seem to leave one place and show up somewhere else for a while. I am not a hypocondriac, I don't want to have these irritating things wrong with me. My nose runs constantly no matter what the season, but I never get a sinus infection. I do get sores in my nose about every 3 weeks that take 2 weeks to go away. My feet peel off deep layers of skin all year long. I have a little buzzing around my stomach and rib cage that turns into such a terrible itch, I have a bruise. Incidently that same buzzing used to be on my back. It started buzzing & itching in 1996 and did so for probably 9 years and it stopped, but it now it's on my stomach. Sometimes my knee or elbow will feel like I have really injured it badly and it will last for a while, then go away. I have nothing serious wrong with me, just alot of unexplainable small things. I think it is all caused by your nervous system and I really don't know what to do about it. Just live with it I guess.

hi - i just came across your post while searching for info on my infrequent, but disoncerting shooting head pain. and i have the same hand and feet blisters. i was also treated with a topical steroid that has really not done anything and anti-biotics. the head pain just showed after i started taking the anti-biotics for the boils around my neck lymph nodes. i seem to think it is an ongoing infection or an allergic reaction. my rash seems to be my blood trying to detoxify itself. i am thinking of going on a detoxifying fast...and maybe seeing the doctor about my head pain...good luck. let me know if you discover what's going on...

i also have strange pains in my left ear, definately not ear ache, the only way to ease it is to pull my ear lobe upwards till it clicks, only relieves it for a short while though.

I have had blisters on my feet and fingers. The doctor says he has no idea of what it may be. The very first one I got was very painful, and it was on the bottom of my arch. I now have the blisters on the side of my left foot, on the side top of my left foot, and the top side of my big toe. In three places and they are all in clusters about nickel to quarter size. They are freaking me out........ I hope they are not contagious. I don't have them on my right foot. How weird is that? I feel that I may never find out what they are. Also has anyone had prolems with their eyes? I have had weird stuff going on with my eyes. I get almost like sleep bugers in my eyes, usually only at night. Sometimes in the morning it is bad too. But it's only every once in a while at night.

Forest,

I am no medical expert, just a layperson like you. However, based on my own experiences, I would look into these three things:

Systemic Candida Infection--This can cause multiple symptoms, but the blisters on the soles of hands and feet really point the way to this. I could be wrong. Do some reading on the subject.

Chiropracty--since much of this is on your left side, you might find a chiropractor can help. I have a similar problem, also on the left side, of multiple aches and pains.

ENT--See an ENT about your left ear. You may have something like dislocated cartilege--just a guess.

Best wishes,
Sue

Graves Disease. Thyroid Problems.
Kidney Problems, Protein Problems.
Google this stuff and ask your doctor. (anyone who has hollow center left headache pain that comes and goes)

For example a bad thyroid could cause eye, skin, pancreatitis and gallbladder problems along with nervous system and other endocrine problems.
GET YOUR THYROID CHECKED ASAP! GOODLUCK AND GOODHEALTH!

I know this is a really old post, but I'll answer for those with similar issues who might benefit from the reply.  The blisters on your soles and palms are dyshidrotic eczema.  It is most likely caused by stress in your case, from the sound of it.  The other symptoms you describe, and your worry about them, are probably the stress your skin is reacting to. 

If you haven't yet, go to a dentist who treats tmj, like a prosthodontist.  That can cause many of those other problems you're mentioning, the headaches, neck and even shoulder pain, jaw and ear pains.  You've said some of those are fairly recent too.  Tmj can be caused by stress too, like from grinding your teeth, though it can be from a variety of other things too.  I suspect you need to relax and stop worrying so much, because that can make your muscles so tight it can cause some of those pains too, but since you keep saying it happens on just one side, I'd try the tmj first.

And the other pains, itching and tingling?  See a neurologist and/or allergist.  The neurologist can check out the pains in your elbows, top of foot, and other places where you experience the odd intermittent pains and itching.  An allergist might be able to diagnose an allergy if the itching is from an allergy, which could also be a trigger for the eczema.

Hope that will be helpful to someone out there!