My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on May 8th. While he didn't ejaculate inside of me, I did perform oral sex on him before hand so there may have been sperm (as well as pre-ejaculate, I know this is a possibility as well) still remaining. I got my period on May 19th I believe and it was the normal length and flow (no spotting or lightness). Since then I haven't had any cramps or spotting. For about 3 days this past week, my nipples have been a bit sensitive; while they haven't changed in size or color, they stung very slightly when touched or when my t-shirt rubbed against them (this isn't typical before my periods to the best of my knowledge, btw). The past two days, however, they have been much less sensitive. My breasts do not feel sore, nor have they changed size to the best of my knowledge. I took an HPT on 6/11 and 6/13 and  both came out negative, but I think it may have been too early because I have not missed a period yet (it's due next week around the 18th or 19th). Again, no spotting, cramps, frequent urination, or any other typical symptoms, just the slight nipple pain that has diminished recently. I typically gag when brushing my teeth too soon after eating, and I'm finding that fixating on this also makes me feel like gagging at times (I think it's just my nerves), so I wouldn't really count either as nausea. My boyfriend and I have not had sex since that day.

That being said, is it possible that I could still be pregnant despite the fact that I did have a normal period? Would the test I took be accurate this early since it has been over a month since the sex occurred? I actually did not even think of this until about a week ago (especially because I had my normal period on time the month before). I'm a very anxious person, and one night I looked up pregnancy information out of the blue, this was the same night I "discovered" that my nipples were sensitive, and I've been fixated on the possibility of being pregnant ever since.

Hi Z,

If you had a normal period on May 19th it is very unlikely you are pregnant.

You can test as early as 2, preferably 3, weeks after having sex.  It should be accurate more than a month later (6/11 and 6/13).

I doubt you are pregnant.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your help. I tested again yesterday and it was negative like the others, but also like the others, I did not using the first urine of the day. Could that make a difference? My nipples feel perfectly fine at this time, btw.

Also, I had a lot of clear stretchy raw egg white like discharge around the time of the sensitive nipples. This turned into a cloudy white discharge before drying up significantly. My period is due to start on the 19th and I am dry. I have read that this is a sign of ovulation (which would mean that I am not pregnant).

Is it still safe to assume that I am not pregnant?

Hi Z,

You do need to use your wakeup pee for best accuracy. It is more concentrated. False negatives are very common.

Your mucous can/does change throughout your cycle.

If you expect your period on the 19th then you have already ovulated, between the 1st and 7th (days 11-16).

If you haven't had sex since May 8 it is unlikely you are pregnant.