To anyone willing to give advice...

My girlfriend and I always use condoms while having sex. For some reason, after she had her last period, she started getting an upset stomach and started experiencing mild nausea. I am aware of the early symptoms of pregnancy, but it honestly doesn't seem possible seeing as that I use the condoms safely and efficiently, always following the directions. She hasn't missed any periods, and her last period (which was about a week ago now) was normal (not heavier/lighter) than it usually is. I have heard of bleeding while pregnant, but I was wondering if getting a period is even possible while being pregnant? I asked her how she felt during her last period, and she said she felt normal like she always does.

There's a twist though...

She started taking birth control at the recommended time after getting her last period. She has seemed sick ever since. A home pregnancy test came up negative, so I was wondering if her symptoms might be a result of taking birth control? She has never taken this type of birth control before, so I think I'm just being paranoid over this whole thing...

Any reply would be greatly appreciated

First of all relax and stop worrying :)! As you said yourself she's taken a pregnancy test which came back negative, and you always use condoms which don't break. The only thing that I can think of is if you take the test any earlier than 2 weeks after sex or your last period the test won't be able to detect anything? If it was 2 weeks or longer then your not going to be a dad any time soon. With the nausea and upset stomach and the pill, as you might know there are many different types of pill, not all of them are going to suit everyone. I have tried out two types of contraceptive pill; the first one (microgynon 30) made me feel awful and messed up my periods and my second one (mini-pill cerazette) is brilliant! If her side affects carry on maybe its an idea she has her pill changed. Hope this helps :)