I forgot to mention, she said to use it just before bed, and do not drink/eat after use.

Use keifir from health food stores make sure it's a very good one use VSL3 Costco has it 12ounces keifir daily with vsl3 use for 5 months to c s change in your bacteria flora in gut this should help with the stain ....it will always be there but improved by 50% doing this u must also use a medium
Toothbrush only brushing the teeth not gums to break up the bacteria brush 2 times a day or more use soft
Toothbrush around teeth and gum line then medium toothbrush not too hard around teeth not on gums ..
But strong enough to try and keep the bacteria from building up ....it's a constant routine not fun but a must do until better research is done to know exactly why and how to cure this. Little research because it effects so few people the medicial industry doesn't c a need they can't make any money from this with companies that would supply the cure

I should have stated liquid organic kefir like wallaby or clover can get at whole foods all of it including vsl3 from Costco or local pharmacy needs to be refrigerated it's all probiotics and the vsl3 powder is the best though it comes in pill form u just need to get enough Ithis all changes the bacteria flora in your gut which changes the bacteria in your mouth it fights the black stain doesn't totally get rid of it but lessons it a lot along with the above brushing mouthwash etc f

My children have the same with it all starting the same month. Surely a dentist out there can suggest a 100% cure to this black bacteria

No they do t

No they don't

A solution may be found! - Hydrogen Peroxide (h2o2)

I've had this black stain for about 6 months. As best as I can remember, it randomly began soon after I took antibiotics for a uppper respiratory infection. I went to the densist, they scraped it away, but back it came over the next few months.

Things I tried brushing with that did not work: baking soda, colgate toothpaste, activated charcoal, and xylitol. Nothing worked, the black stain continued to worsen.

In this comment section someone earlier mentioned Hydrogen Peroxide. What I've been doing is brushing my teeth with store bought 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, once in the morning and once at night. I've been doing this for a few days now and the black stains are going away. They haven't completely disappeard yet, but they're retreating. Not bad for only a few days into use!

Anyone who is struggling with this bacterial black stain problem, try h202! Good luck!

I'll come back in a few weeks or few months with an update...

I'm going to try colloidal silver as its a natural anti bacteria liquid bought at a health shop. Great for lots of things, will let you know how I go.
Jodie Australia

I also had these same types of stains. It started a few years ago...black lines around the gum area and then started getting yucky random spots on the surface area. Very embarrassing. I have always had pretty good hygiene, brushing morning and night and flossing daily, so I could not figure out why the stains started all of a sudden. I tried the Augmentin 875 as suggested on this thread but unfortunately it didn't work for me (it was a generic brand, so that might be why). I also tried brushing with activated charcoal, swishing with hydrogen peroxide, oil pulling, and even not drinking coffee and tea, but the stains kept reappearing.

In March I went in for an early cleaning since my stains were so bad. The hygienist said it wasn't a plaque problem and that I have good hygiene, so wasn't sure what was causing the stains. She recommended using an electric toothbrush at least once a day and swishing with water after drinking coffee and tea, etc. SO I started using an electric toothbrush at night with Earthpaste, and my usual Bass toothbrush in the morning with OraWellness HealThy Mouth blend (and flossing at night with the HealThy Mouth blend). I had seen an OraWellness video about saliva swishing and started doing that for 3 minutes after drinking coffee or tea or anything that might stain. I also added tongue cleaning to my health regimen, and brush my tongue with the HealThy Mouth blend afterwards. THE AWFUL STAINING HAS STOPPED!!!!!!! Hallelujah is all I can say. I am so thankful and hopefully this information can help someone else. It has added some steps to my routine, but is so worth it and not really a big deal once you get used to it. Blessings!

We just went and saw a specialist about this- he said we have high levels of iron or iron bacteria in our well water... getting it tested tomorrow. Do you have a well?

We just went to a specialist about this for our kids! Do you have well water? He said it could be from iron levels or iron bacteria getting it tested tomorrow!!!

Strongly doubt the doctor......

I posted about three a months ago… "A solution may be found! - Hydrogen Peroxide (h2o2)" [see above]

Brushing with 3% H2O2 began to irritate my gums, so I switched to swishing some in my mouth, spitting it out, then brushing and electronic brush. If I do this twice a day, morning and night, it mostly keeps the black staining to a minimum. But if I slack on it, within a few days the stains are coming back...

So the good news is I've found a daily rourtine that doesn't eliminate but does keep the staining to a minimum, but the bad news is I haven't found a permant solution, and if I don't strictly follow the routine, the black stain deposits definitely return.

Glad it worked for u never worked for me .... Tried that years ago....brushing with it ....etc....garling