Hey,

I've noticed a few posts about people getting lipstick on their teeth, wine glasses, and clothes and things, so I wanted to share a tip that really helped me!

So here goes!

1. Apply your lipstick. Any lipstick. You don't need to buy any special kind of lipstick, just use the one that you like!

2. Get a serviette. Separate the layers out so you are using only one. Hold it against your mouth tightly.

3. Get some normal loose powder for your face, and using a makeup brush, gently apply quite a large quantity right on top of the serviette, where your lips are.

4. Take off. You are done. Try kissing the other part of the serviette to see if it worked and I promise you it did!

Oh, that's cool! I knew about using tissue paper to take a thin layer of lipstick off, along with the finger in the mouth trick to take the lipstick away from where it shouldn't be, but I had never heard of applying loose powder (on the outside of the tissue?) to prevent staining. That is really cool and I am definitely trying that out. Does it also help your lipstick last longer? Because I really need that. I for one have never managed to eat a full meal and still keep my lipstick on but would love to be able to pull that off.

That is a pretty interesting trick. I'll definitely try using that when applying my lipstick. My lipstick has been going everywhere! Staining my clothes, going on my teeth, going on my face, on all my good stuff, and a lot more stuff too. It looked absolutely terrible. Before you posted, I could not really find a trick that actually works. So I am grateful for you sharing this awesome trick. Where did you see this trick, may I ask? I haven't come across this trick before.  Anyway its pretty cool, and like I said I will be trying this trick.

I heard about this somewhere on the internet, Kitty Master, through Facebook I think, and there was a video that showed in detail exactly how to pull this off. You can probably find it if you look for it. I think this is a pretty unusual trick that most people don't know about, and many people have issues with their lipstick rubbing off prematurely, so I thought I would share this with you all.

Since I have been using this, and I always do this now, my lipstick really has become stain proof and I'm really happy about that! I hope you can use it too.

I also appreciate this tip to make lipstick stain proof though I'd definitely want to watch the actual video to be sure I am doing it right, which you can never be sure of otherwise. I always get my lipstick on all kinds of stuff. Even my face and dry clean only winter coats are not immune, so if that can be helped at all, yeah, I'm listening. What you say sounds pretty simple and like something I can definitely work with but I'd still like to watch the actual video. I guess I will be Googling how to make lipstick stain proof to find it.

Though I do not often have problems with lipstick coming off when I don't want it to (when removing it before going to bed), there is nothing wrong with trying to make that lipstick last the extra mile, so I think I will give your tip a try, even just out of pure curiosity. I will report back how it goes for the benefit of other readers here.

I have to add, though, that it is usually lip gloss and not lipstick that gives me grief by coming off soon after applying it. This tip will not work for lip gloss, and will only make it come off too, right?