In Dec I had total hip replacement. Following surgery experienced severe pain in thigh. Disregarded by everyone. Got better but came back. In Jan diagnosed with DVT in surgical leg. Treated in Hospital with anti-coagulates. Still on Warfarin. Clots still there. Now I have such bad pain on top of thigh I can't put all weight on it. It throbs sometimes. Surgeon thinks associated with lower back problems. I don't think so because back is stiff but does not hurt. Pain starts at incision site and travels to top of thigh. Clots were in thigh and lower calf. Xrays of surgery looked fine. Now I don't know what to do. The pain is severe when it starts. If I sit, then stand and walk, it's worse. Any ideas? Is is the clots or another problem from the surgery?

Penny: I had a total hip replacement in early Sept and still have major hip pain when I walk, especially after sitting for a while. Ouch! It sounds like many people have no pain by 6 weeks, so I am fretting. Did your pain finally go away? I hope so. M

I had full hip replacement in October 2009 and I still have a problem with pain in the upper leg thigh. Today I have my cane near by because after I've been sitting and get up, wow! I discover it hurts to walk. This happened once at a funeral a year ago and I had to have someone get my cane from the car. Went to doctor next day. He x-rayed and said every thing was fine, and that I must have stressed the muscle. Don't know when and how I did that! it did go away and it started the same thing a couple days ago.