I am 46, female, no drinker. I have a strictured pancreatic duct. It is strictured in the middle between the pancreas head and where it empties into the duodendum. I have have aggressive stenting done, tried sterioid treatments, nothing has worked. This has been going on for 7 years. You can see the stricture on my MRI and CT scans. All they can do now is treat the pain with narcotics. I have been offered surgery to remove my pancreas and harvest the eyelet cells and implant them onto my liver, where hopefully they will begin to function and I wouldn't be a diabetic. This surgery would require them to also remove 1/2 of my stomach, just so they could get to my pancreas, and removal of my spleen, because it shares the same blood supply as the pancreas and once you irritate it, it usually requires a 2nd surgery to remove it anyway. A one month hospital stay, instant diabetic, stomach tube for 3 months and hopefully after 6-9 months no longer a diabetic. This has been done 40 times in the last 10 years. This is all to relieve my pain. If I do nothing my pancreas will burn out/calicify within 1o years with no chance of the eyelet cell transplant meaning diabetes for the rest of my life. I have no life right now. The last year I move from bed to couch, car ride vibrations nauseate me within 7 miles. Chronic vomiting, diahrea and constipation are wonderful additions to my life. I wear a pain patch that hardly ever wants to stick and eat percoset by the handful. I used to have a life, work, play sports, help at church, teach sewing, shop with my family. It's a good day if I am able to prepare dinner for my family! What would you do? I am afraid of this surgery it is 15 hours and I am afraid I will not wake up. I have been put under for procedures/surgeryies about 25 times and I am scared this will kill me. If you have any knowlege or information about this that would be helpful I would be greatful. Thanks. Cindy

I have several similar issues. Pancreatic Divisum along with bouts of Pancreatitus. It starting over 2 years ago. My stricture is severe. I've been going through a series of ECRP to add stints to enlarge the strictures, 6 so far with a 7 coming up. We have briefly talked about the removal of the Pancrease, but I'm not ready to go that route at this time. You have to be strong and keep pushing forward. Watch your diet, a meal of cheating will make you pay! Try to switch to a non narcotic pain med. They are better for you. God Luck! Heather