My son is two years old and this morning he woke up with red eyes and swollen eyelids. Everything was in order last night although he was a bit cranky. He hasn’t been feeling so well since this morning but his doctor is away. Is there anything I could do to make him feel better?

Yes, you should definitely take him to another doctor if you haven’t already. My son suffered from the same symptoms when he was diagnosed with periorbital cellulites. I am not saying your son also has it but this is a serious infection although treatable. It is caused by bacteria and treated with antibiotics, however, constant checkups are necessary. So, I wouldn’t play with the red and swollen eyelids. You had better have that checked.

I am very concerned with my 2 year old as well, I took him to the hospital and they stated that it was a sty...it has been 6 months now and it looks like it is getting bigger. I big bump across the bottom of his eyelid..It is very noticable in pictures and pretty embarrassing. I took him to get it checked out again and they stated that It "Could Be" a cyst..but not sure...so I am taking him back to his prim. Dr. to be ref to an eye specialist.