Users comments and reviews on article Runner’s Knee, Patellofemoral Syndrome by Bruce Heath

I think i might have Patellofemoral syndrome, I dont run anymore I played soccer in High School and the doctor told me my knee grows different then others he said it was more square what ever that means I just know it hurts if i have it still for a long time. It starts to swell and the only way to take the swelling down is to put ice on it the Article was very helpful.

I have been running for about 7 years. I recently changed my stride and have been running on my forefoot/toes. About a month ago I felt a twinge in my knee cap, it has progressively gotten worse. I know have pain on the outside of my left knee and it moves to the back of my knee if I continue running it is almost crampy feeling. Is this runners knee?